Windows 10: Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

Discus and support Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app. windows edition - Windows 10 Pro windows version - 2004... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Talha Hasan, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

Hello

Windows 10 can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files in Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app.

windows edition - Windows 10 Pro

windows version - 2004

Installed on - 2020-07-16

OS build - 19041.388

Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0

Note: any other file format like; jpg, png, bmp, tif etc can easily open & view by Photo viewer/Photos/Paint app.

Can anyone give solution for the issue?

:)

Talha Hasan, Jul 15, 2020
  2. John Vil Win User

Cant open JPEG

Hello John,

One possible reason why certain JPEG's wouldn't open may be due to file corruptions. To better assist you, kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any recent hardware/software changes done on your computer prior to this happening?
    • Does this error appear when opening other JPEG files or is the issue specific to a single JPEG file?
    • Does this error appear when you try to open other file types?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We're looking forward for your response.

John Vil, Jul 15, 2020
  3. S-and-S Win User
    Opening JPEG files

Can't open any .jpeg - none at all?

Or only some .jpeg?

If a .jpeg file is not damaged, and it's stored in your own user account, you can open it.

S-and-S, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

Can't open jpeg files in Windows 10.

tried both methods and don't work. still can't open jpeg files

LaszloP1981, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files

1. Can't open ".jpeg/.JPEG" files - Similar Threads - Can't open jpeg

2. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open jpeg files.: So as i said i can't open jpeg files, i tried to scan for some errors but nothing, i tried to update windows but nothing, i tried to re-install the photo viewer of default but still nothing. i have a windows 10 thanks for the help...
  3. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open jpeg files.: So as i said i can't open jpeg files, i tried to scan for some errors but nothing, i tried to update windows but nothing, i tried to re-install the photo viewer of default but still nothing. i have a windows 10 thanks for the help...
  4. I can't open jpeg files.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Only jpeg is supported when file is a jpeg

Only jpeg is supported when file is a jpeg: On two out of my three Windows 10 Pro 64-bit machines specifically a Surface Pro 3 and an HP desktop, when I attempt to upload a jpg file to certain web pages, I get an error message ..... is not supported. Only image/jpeg is supported. On my newest Windows 10 machine and...
  6. Can not open jpeg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not open jpeg files: Updated Windows 10 last night and now I can't access any jpeg files. All I get is the message "Package not found". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-open-jpeg-files/ec54d0d5-2d07-4027-a6ef-5f06b1c9848d"
  7. Error opening JPEG files

Error opening JPEG files: When I attempt to open a .JPG file holding a photograph, I get the message "Invalid value for registry". I never had any problem opening these files before. How do I fix this and get to my photos?...
  8. Opening JPEG files

Opening JPEG files: How can I get Windows 10 to open my JPEG files? The system suddenly decided to tell me it was unable to open my photos https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpeg-files/a69fd195-ca55-4a53-acf0-87e0a756b387
  9. Cannot open jpeg files

Cannot open jpeg files: ?? I am trying to work with images and I cannot open jeg files.. the windows photo view is not the option. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-jpeg-files/5efd03a1-cb88-45cd-93ca-e19b194086bb"
  10. JPEG files -

JPEG files -: I photocopy files as JPEG files but when I come to open them in word i get a File Conversion window. This has only started in the last month or so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpeg-files/c21b08d6-5e88-4a48-afa1-cf330adecc5c"