Windows 10: Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs

Discus and support Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! I have a Windows 10, I tried to open some .jpg photos, but I couldn't because there is always a message like this: [img] [img] I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by simi73, Nov 4, 2016.

1. simi73 Win User

Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs

Hi!
    I have a Windows 10, I tried to open some .jpg photos, but I couldn't because there is always a message like this:
    Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs [​IMG]

Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs [​IMG]

I tried to change the Default Program, to convert the files, but nothing helped...
    If somebody recognizes the problem, please help *Smile*Smile
    thanks!

:)

simi73, Nov 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 Photo Album

In the settings the folder had been changed to just C:\ It then downloaded every type of image file into the album.

By deleting all I mean in the settings, the directory paths. Right now I have deleted all directory paths and yet all the photos remain in the album and I cannot remove the photos from it.

The ones I can't view are all jpg and yet other jpg I can. If I try to load them in Irfanview they are fine. The problem only lies in trying to view certain photos with Photo Album. The message I get when I try to open it is the file name and "We can't open
    the file." Yet it is valid file that can opened by other programs.

Thanks

Gerry Desjardins

worshipper777, Nov 4, 2016
  3. N8 JPG Viewer

Hi all,

Need help in regards of JPG file viewing, when i copy the jpg files into my mass memory. the default photo viewer fr N8 can't view my jpg files in order (eg, 1.jpg jump to 3.jpg) just wondering is that a way to view files systematicaly?

or is that other programs that you guys can recommend?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Dan

chocky---01, Nov 4, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

What I would try is to right-click an image file and click Open With and choose Paint, see if the file is actually viable. Personally I don't like the Photos program, prefer Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

Berton, Nov 4, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Those files have the suffix .jpeg instead of the usual .jpg. Check the .jpeg suffix is associated with the photo viewer you want to use. I just use the Photos app for quick viewing of all common photo types including .jpg and .jpeg.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs - Similar Threads - Can't open jpg

2. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  3. My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Files with photos in them are not opening as a JPG?: Hello thereSo for about a week now I have had this problem where my files which have photos in them are always opening as a Webp images instead of an JPG, I cant seem to view them on windows Photo app. I download files on google chrome but the photos wont open in the windows...
  4. Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it...

Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it...: Hi!I recently have been having this problem. I'm on Windows 10 Before May 2021 update and PNG files are acting like they don't exist.Basically, with any program, I can't open .png files. It just says "Sorry, we don't accept this format.". The icons won't load, either. I found...
  5. UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO OPEN JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO: USING MS 365. HAVE UPDATED SOFTWARE. BUT NOW UNABLE TO OPEN ANY JPG FILES WITH MS PHOTO. THEY DO OPEN WITH MS PAINT & PAINT 3D BUT I PREFER PHOTO. USED TO OPEN AUTOMATICALLY WHEN I CLICKED ON THE PIC. JUST GET A BLACK SCREEN WITH NO PIC THEN GOES OFF. PLEASE HELP...
  6. Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Photos, Paint 3D and JPG files: I have a friend who installed the latest Windows 10 update last week, but after installation she was missing all her data. I discovered that her profile had become corrupt with the user profile set to a backup status, and each time she logged in she was using a temporary...
  7. opening jpg photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening jpg photos: I cannot open photos in jpg format when I double click on them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-jpg-photos/fcce5b94-6b60-4f59-a732-28835bcdcdc0
  8. can't open jpg file

can't open jpg file: I am not able to open a jpeg/jpg file in win 10 system which I have bought earlier while I was doing the same with the win 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-jpg-file/e6289ee6-ced8-44c6-807c-cddbb70db2ec"
  9. can't open jpg files

in Windows 10 Support
    can't open jpg files: Hello i have sometimes the next problem :some of my hundrends pictures i have taken with mobile phone will not open with default windows 10 photo viewer or any third party program.All these pictures are opened correctly in the past and suddenly won't open.Appears the message...
  10. "We can't open this file" on JPG photos Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    "We can't open this file" on JPG photos Windows 10: I'm in a bit of a panic. I can't open 90% of my JPG photos. I have changed my default program to Photos, and downloaded a Reg Fix that seems to have helped others with the same issue. Still no change. When I go into the properties of a photo that cannot be displayed, all the...