Windows 10: Can't open jpgs transferred from phone to laptop in Windows 10

Discus and support Can't open jpgs transferred from phone to laptop in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I uploaded pictures from my phone sd card to my laptop but they won't open. Photo app tells me that the format is not supported. Tried copying them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidDelPizzo, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Can't open jpgs transferred from phone to laptop in Windows 10

I uploaded pictures from my phone sd card to my laptop but they won't open. Photo app tells me that the format is not supported. Tried copying them to One Drive but got the same result.

:)

DavidDelPizzo, Sep 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Problems with New HP laptop with Windows 10 opening any of my JPG'S

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in settings related to opening picture files.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you able to open the .jpg files other flash drive pictures?

I suggest you to follow below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open F drive(flash drive).

2. Then open the picture folder containing the pictures.

3. Right click on the jpg picture file, click on Open with.

4. Then click on Photos app from the list and click on
    Always use this app to open .jpg files

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 16, 2019
  4. Dos101 Win User

Can't open jpgs transferred from phone to laptop in Windows 10

Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular Windows Phone-Apps – Microsoft Store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't open jpgs transferred from phone to laptop in Windows 10

1. Can't open jpgs transferred from phone to laptop in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't open jpgs

2. Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop: I've been trying to transfer the photos from my phone moto e6s to my windows laptop using a USB data transfer cable but I keep getting the message saying 'please update device to accept media transfer'. I've tried it in USB and in PTP and still the same....
  3. Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't transfer photos from phone to laptop: I've been trying to transfer the photos from my phone moto e6s to my windows laptop using a USB data transfer cable but I keep getting the message saying 'please update device to accept media transfer'. I've tried it in USB and in PTP and still the same....
  4. can't transfer photos from Android phone to my laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can't transfer photos from Android phone to my laptop: When I try to transfer photos from my android phone to my laptop via a USB cable I get as far as the Import option. When I click import I get the window that should show the photos on my phone but instead of showing the actual photos it just shows the date and a frame with a...
  5. wanna transfer files from phone to laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wanna transfer files from phone to laptop: HELLO I HAVE A SAMSUNG AMP3 SMARTPHONE MY HP LAPTOP CANT READ IT AGAIN WHEN USB CONNECTED ,I NEED AN EASY FIX https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wanna-transfer-files-from-phone-to-laptop/76b6e767-5a0d-4d48-bace-1eaf46ad29e7
  6. Jpgs do not always open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Jpgs do not always open.: "Always show icons" is unchecked but still not all jpgs open as a picture but the blue symbol. If I double click on them, the picture opens up. Some pictures open up when I open the folder but many do not.J...
  7. Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos and videos from phone transfer not opening: Hey, I'm pretty certain I've screwed up here but hoping someone can help! I transferred across all of my photos and videos from my phone a week ago to save up some storage space (long flight, netflix/prime, you get me), or so I thought I did. Only returning to them now does...
  8. Can't open some JPGs with Windows Photos app "We can't open this file"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open some JPGs with Windows Photos app "We can't open this file": One have one client who can't open JPGs with Windows Photos, in certain circumstances. Her Windows/program/files are OK because I can transfer the same JPGs to my PC and they open I can open the same JPGs if I navigate/open from within the Photos app I can open the same...
  9. Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't transfer picture files from laptop to phone: I am a new user to Windows 10. I have a really old phone that I have used to text photos for years. For some reason when I try to transfer picture files from my new laptop to my phone using a memory card, I get this error message. This has never happened with any other...
  10. Can't transfer photos from LG3 phone with USB to my Laptop Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't transfer photos from LG3 phone with USB to my Laptop Windows 10: Since I updated my laptop to Windows 10 I can no longer transfer my photos from my phone to my Toshiba laptop using the USB port. It used to come up as an external drive and then I could simply view and download photos.. Do I need to do something different now, or am I...