Windows 10: Can’t open laptop without Microsoft login

Discus and support Can’t open laptop without Microsoft login in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I was laid off yesterday and the company’s “gift” to me was my laptop. This laptop was connected to the business Microsoft account and requires my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Lala S., Feb 29, 2024.

1. Lala S. Win User

Can’t open laptop without Microsoft login

I was laid off yesterday and the company’s “gift” to me was my laptop. This laptop was connected to the business Microsoft account and requires my Microsoft password to log on. My account however, has since been removed. I can’t get past the password screen. I have tried logging in with my personal Microsoft account info but it says the login is incorrect… which I assume is because it’s a personal account?I have tried prompts using CTRL+ but whatever letter I use in conjunction with CTRL gets entered into the password bar. Is there anyway to open my laptop and remove the Microsoft account?

:)

Lala S., Feb 29, 2024

2. Microsoft Login

Hi Gourmage,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and then try to change the password.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Feb 29, 2024
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Can't login to new computer w/Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

• Are you able to login to Microsoft Account on Web?

• Have you installed any language pack?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to select the appropriate language in login screen at the bottom right corner and check if it helps.

Steps 2: Use On-screen keyboard in the login screen to login and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Sharief K Win User

Microsoft Account login is not opening

Hi,

• Are you able to login to the same account using web browser?
    • What is the exact error message?

I suggest you to reset the Microsoft account password once and check if it helps.

I can't sign in to my Microsoft account - Microsoft Support

Hope it helps.

Sharief K, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

1. Can’t open laptop without Microsoft login - Similar Threads - Can’t open laptop

2. Can’t open laptop without Microsoft login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t open laptop without Microsoft login: I was laid off yesterday and the company’s “gift” to me was my laptop. This laptop was connected to the business Microsoft account and requires my Microsoft password to log on. My account however, has since been removed. I can’t get past the password screen. I have tried...
  3. Can’t open laptop without Microsoft login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t open laptop without Microsoft login: I was laid off yesterday and the company’s “gift” to me was my laptop. This laptop was connected to the business Microsoft account and requires my Microsoft password to log on. My account however, has since been removed. I can’t get past the password screen. I have tried...
  4. can’t login to brand new laptop with school Microsoft account

can’t login to brand new laptop with school Microsoft account: I bought a new laptop, a Lenovo Yoga laptop, however when I try to log in with my school account with Microsoft it won’t allow me as it says my account doesn’t exist when I can sign into Microsoft on my old one. How can I fix this because I can’t use it now.?...
  5. can’t login to brand new laptop with school Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can’t login to brand new laptop with school Microsoft account: I bought a new laptop, a Lenovo Yoga laptop, however when I try to log in with my school account with Microsoft it won’t allow me as it says my account doesn’t exist when I can sign into Microsoft on my old one. How can I fix this because I can’t use it now.?...
  6. Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?

Can’t login or reset PIN on laptop?: I went into my settings and disabled all the startup apps because they were getting annoying. Then I restarted my computer to make sure the changes went through.When I tried to login afterwards, it said “something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your...
  7. I can’t login to my laptop.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can’t login to my laptop.: When trying to log in to my laptop, I’m given 2 options. I can either use my fingerprint or my pin. When I try to use my fingerprint it doesn’t even register my finger, when I try to do pin it says it hasn’t been set up it has. What do I do, I can’t get in?!...
  8. I can’t login to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can’t login to my laptop.: When trying to log in to my laptop, I’m given 2 options. I can either use my fingerprint or my pin. When I try to use my fingerprint it doesn’t even register my finger, when I try to do pin it says it hasn’t been set up it has. What do I do, I can’t get in?!...
  9. I can’t login to my laptop.

10. Login Laptop without Password?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login Laptop without Password?: This morning friend called asking how to get into Windows 10 Laptop bought yesterday but forgot password. Login gave an option to Reset password, said put in flash drive, however they had no flash drive. I walked um through booting to safemode thinking maybe some way to an...