Windows 10: Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app

Discus and support Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows Mail is an email client from Microsoft that lets users view and manage their emails. While using the Windows Mail app, some users have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 15, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app

Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app Cannot-open-links-attachments-in-Windows-Mail.png
    Windows Mail is an email client from Microsoft that lets users view and manage their emails. While using the Windows Mail app, some users have experienced that they are unable to open links and attachments in the Windows Mall app. In this article, we will see some methods to fix both of these problems. If […]

This article Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 15, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 15, 2022
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Apr 15, 2022
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Apr 15, 2022
Thema:

1. Can’t open links and attachments in Windows Mail app - Similar Threads - Can’t open links

2. Mail App and attachments

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mail App and attachments: Hi! Earlier this year I started using the windows 10 mail app, but after an update I stopped receiving with my email the respective attachments and ,as a result, I quit using the app. Can anyone tell me if Microsoft has already released an update or is the problem still...
  3. Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app for Window 10. Single clicking on an attachment opens attachment: Hello, I currently use the mail app for windows 10. I noticed that when I single click on an attachment, it performs a double click and opens the attachment. I tried on 3 computers using the app and does the same thing with or without mouse. File settings are set to...
  4. Windows Mail App and Gmail Attachments

Windows Mail App and Gmail Attachments: Please can you tell me when the Windows Apps Team will fix the problem with Windows Mail that prevents attachments showing up in emails? As thousands of people have reported apparently since 2015!!!. They fail to appear when Gmail is added automatically to the Windows Mail...
  5. viewing attachments in Mail App

viewing attachments in Mail App: I am unable to view any attachments in Mail. When I click on the email, for a half a second, it shows a link to view all attachments, but then it disappears, and there is nothing that even shows an attachment is even there. I have checked every setting I can find,...
  6. Mail App stopped opening Links

Mail App stopped opening Links: I got this info[ATTACH] and this which I don't have the enough skills to understand yet, by the way is from the new visor app: { "ver": "4.0", "name": "Microsoft.Outlook.Hx.Client.Common.UserInteractivity", "time": "2020-03-06T01:27:58.7288542Z",...
  7. Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open PDF attachments in WIndows 10 Mail App: I used the Mail App for my gmail account and cannot open any PDF attachments. I am able to any other documents word, excel, etc.. but not PDF. When I try to open the PDF attachment, it is asking me to save first on my desktop and then open it from my desktop. I have...
  8. Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.

Can't open links in mail app on windows 10.: As the title says, i can't open any links within the mail app on windows 10. When I click on a link it says "Unable to open ' specified link address'", for example: "Unable to open mailto:*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". I have tried: Rebooting my laptop...
  9. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments: If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by...
  10. Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments

Windows Mail app does not open Excel 2010 attachments: If I try to open an Excel file from the Windows Mail app, Excel 2010 starts, as expected, but the file is not opened. No error message, just a new empty spreadsheet is opened. I can save the spreadsheet and open the file, which is a little awkward. Am I tainting Microsoft by...