Windows 10: Can't open links from any app

Discus and support Can't open links from any app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure I can write this here but, on any app (TS, Discord, Steam etc...) I can't open links when I click on them. I thought it was just discord at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RenPsycho100, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Can't open links from any app

Not sure I can write this here but, on any app (TS, Discord, Steam etc...) I can't open links when I click on them. I thought it was just discord at first, but I can't anywhere. What might be the problem? It's the first time ever in my life that I experience this problem. It started just today.

submitted by /u/RenPsycho100
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RenPsycho100, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't open links from any app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Mar 25, 2020
  3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 25, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Can't open links from any app

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't open links from any app

1. Can't open links from any app - Similar Threads - Can't open links

2. How do I remove any app from opening mailto links?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove any app from opening mailto links?: Hello,I'm just trying to disable the mailto function on my computer, all the solution I tried online didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-any-app-from-opening-mailto-links/bac35817-26b5-4add-ad49-e2de9f89ab5a
  3. How do I remove any app from opening mailto links?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove any app from opening mailto links?: Hello,I'm just trying to disable the mailto function on my computer, all the solution I tried online didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-remove-any-app-from-opening-mailto-links/bac35817-26b5-4add-ad49-e2de9f89ab5a
  4. Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store: I've found out that iTunes can't be open as well as the notepad app.I've uninstalled notepad and when I try to reinstall it, this error showed up.The error code is 0x800700B7.I've tried to troubleshoot using Settings but that didn't fix the problemAre there any methods to fix...
  5. Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store

Can't open any apps installed from Microsoft Store: I've found out that iTunes can't be open as well as the notepad app.I've uninstalled notepad and when I try to reinstall it, this error showed up.The error code is 0x800700B7.I've tried to troubleshoot using Settings but that didn't fix the problemAre there any methods to fix...
  6. Can't open link

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open link: This morning I received an email and when I tried to open it, I got this error:Unable to open https://rdr-prod.ddims.cc/public/v1/links/ba0437-5109-4948-a3dc-ef584eb710e1?cid=117213Restarted my computer, no help.Sent query to originator, still awaiting a response.Googled it -...
  7. Can't open any apps from the Microsoft store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't open any apps from the Microsoft store: I recently bought minecraft windows 10 edition from the Microsoft Store and when I downloaded it I could play it. After restarting my computer a prompt would come up with "Check the Windows Store for more info about Minecraft." I tried installing a different game and it...
  8. Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings

Can not open ANY links from Mail App in Windows 10 even the help link in settings: Last week, all of a sudden, I could no longer open any embedded links in emails while using the app. I even tried to go to the help feature in settings, and it will not open that link either. Sometimes I just get the string website address I am assuming and other times I...
  9. Can't open links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open links: When on line, I don't seem to be able to open links when I click on them. What daft thing have I done now? Hope someone can help. Many thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-links/b0890bd8-53c1-4498-843f-d5538e302f1c
  10. Can't Open Links from MS Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Can't Open Links from MS Outlook: Had no problem until today. IE11 is my default browser. Get this message when I click on a link in MS Outlook: You'll Need a New App to Open this HTTPs. Look for App in The Store Any ideas? 44942