Windows 10: can't open links within a search

Discus and support can't open links within a search in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I try to open a link within a search I get this message most of the time: This site can’t be reached pixel.everesttech.net’s server IP... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by swoods53, Nov 12, 2019.

1. swoods53 Win User

can't open links within a search

Hi,

Whenever I try to open a link within a search I get this message most of the time:

This site can’t be reached

pixel.everesttech.net’s server IP address could not be found.

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

although the address changes for what ever I am searching for this the the basic message.

Any ideas on how I can fix this.

Thank you,

Shannon

:)

swoods53, Nov 12, 2019
  2. John Vil Win User

Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Links will not open on Windows 10 and search button not getting displayed on the taskbar.

Hi Patsy,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if search box is disable from taskbar and also there is change in browser settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Which browser are you using on the computer?
    • Are you getting any error message while browsing the web pages?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enable search bar and also check the web pages issues in the Internet Explorer. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to enable the Search bar.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Then click on Cortana option.

3. Select Show Search box.

4. Check if it helps.

Step 2: Also try to check the issue with Internet Explorer and access the website through it.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Then type “Internet Explorer” without the quotes on Search bar and click on it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Search bar and also opening links in the browser, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Nov 12, 2019
  4. can't open links within a search

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

can't open links within a search

1. can't open links within a search - Similar Threads - can't open links

2. I can't open a link

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open a link: I am on a website site which I trust it is for training purposes but cannot open links on the siteWhen I try I get a message that says this site in not secure and a msg saying...forms.zohopublic.com.au sent an invalid response!!!Any ideas?...
  3. I can't open a link

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open a link: I am on a website site which I trust it is for training purposes but cannot open links on the siteWhen I try I get a message that says this site in not secure and a msg saying...forms.zohopublic.com.au sent an invalid response!!!Any ideas?...
  4. Can't open link

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open link: This morning I received an email and when I tried to open it, I got this error:Unable to open https://rdr-prod.ddims.cc/public/v1/links/ba0437-5109-4948-a3dc-ef584eb710e1?cid=117213Restarted my computer, no help.Sent query to originator, still awaiting a response.Googled it -...
  5. Searching within a folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Searching within a folder: My latest update has changed the way the search function works. Now after entering the data I want found I have to click a blue arrow as if to say "go". That's an improvement over the previous way of having to backspace to let the app know to search now. However, now when I...
  6. Search will not work via task bar or within open folders

in Cortana
    Search will not work via task bar or within open folders: I am on the Slow ring running version 19041.21 on windows 10 pro. I can search on my personal account. I cannot search on my domain account work - there are no policy restrictions in place Search on taskbar does nothing. If I open a folder and attempt to search the...
  7. problem opening links within my e-mails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    problem opening links within my e-mails: can someone please tell me how to be able to open a link within my e-mail accounts now... all of a sudden I can no longer open anything … attachments are ok but links will not let me go to the site... help!!...
  8. Can't open links

Can't open links: When on line, I don't seem to be able to open links when I click on them. What daft thing have I done now? Hope someone can help. Many thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-links/b0890bd8-53c1-4498-843f-d5538e302f1c
  9. Why can't I clink a link within my email and have it open?

Why can't I clink a link within my email and have it open?: Windows 10 .. comcast email .. and sudden onset of this issue. I've received an email from a reputable source and there is a "click here" button to go to an offer. This is my credit card company. When I click, I see the link go out to attempt to connect to the site on the...
  10. Tenforums - Search and then search within results

in Windows 10 Support
    Tenforums - Search and then search within results: Up front: I haven't found a way of doing it, so I don't know if it is already possible. IF it is already possible, then below serves no purpose, but then again, I hope someone will tell me 'how to..' Is there a way to perform a search and then do a 2nd (maybe in case of...