Windows 10: Can't open Microsoft office and System after windows updating

Discus and support Can't open Microsoft office and System after windows updating in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone,My laptop just got a update to Windows 10 version 19042 today. After updating, I can't open word or excel files, same as word, excel apps.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DomHoang, May 6, 2021.

1. DomHoang Win User

Can't open Microsoft office and System after windows updating

Hi everyone,My laptop just got a update to Windows 10 version 19042 today. After updating, I can't open word or excel files, same as word, excel apps. Windows showed an error notice "install failed. Please contact your software vendor"I tried to right click start button -> system, I got no response.I went to setting -> windows update ->OS build info, the setting window just closed without any notice.What I have tried to resolve the unknown problem:- Recovery -> the system showed the record 1 day before but it couldn't restore. It said the record has been damaged or deleted due

:)

DomHoang, May 6, 2021

2. Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

Can't open Microsoft office and System after windows updating 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

Can't open Microsoft office and System after windows updating 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, May 6, 2021
  3. //mAr Win User
    Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2 arrived

Today Microsoft released the puplic Beta 2 of Office 2007. It's available in English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish. After signing up on windows live, answer some questions, everyone can download the following products:
    • Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Outlook® 2007 with Business Contact Manager
    • Microsoft® Office Project Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Groove® Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Multi Language Pack 2007 – French/German/Japanese/Spanish
    • Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Designer 2007
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise
    • Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007 - Enterprise(x64)
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007
    • Microsoft® Office Forms Server 2007 (x64)
    You can get it here

//mAr, May 6, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't open Microsoft office and System after windows updating - Similar Threads - Can't open Microsoft

2. can't open ms office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open ms office: Some of my file MS excel cannot open, because i just updated my windows 11 while im working with this file, now its stuck on 100% while opened, another file can open but only shows sandtime for a long time,.. but this file can open on another PC or Laptop,this file its not...
  3. can't open ms office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open ms office: Some of my file MS excel cannot open, because i just updated my windows 11 while im working with this file, now its stuck on 100% while opened, another file can open but only shows sandtime for a long time,.. but this file can open on another PC or Laptop,this file its not...
  4. Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps: Suddenly I can't open document editor like pdf editor foxit and all microsoft apps excel, word, powerpoint unless i run as administrator. i have tried reinstall microsoft office, make new user, repair microsoft office and pdf editor but nothing helps. Right now i need to open...
  5. Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open Microsoft Office Apps: Suddenly I can't open document editor like pdf editor foxit and all microsoft apps excel, word, powerpoint unless i run as administrator. i have tried reinstall microsoft office, make new user, repair microsoft office and pdf editor but nothing helps. Right now i need to open...
  6. can open Office files after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can open Office files after Windows update: Why I can't open Excel, Powerpoint & Word files after Windows update?????? When double click the file name, it goes to "not responding". super hassle. Update is to improve not to become worse!!!!...
  7. Microsoft Office removed after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Office removed after update: I purchased Microsoft student back in 2014 for my laptop and was told it would last and i wouldn't need to buy it again. However after the most recent windows update i was getting notifications saying that i didn't have a valid license. I followed the instructions, restarting...
  8. Blue Screen When Open Microsoft Office after 2004 Update

Blue Screen When Open Microsoft Office after 2004 Update: Hello! I updated my Windows 10 from 1909 to 2004 few days ago. It fixes my previous problem, like I can't open Personalization & Display Settings from right click command prompt popped up, and dissapear. But yesterday, when I open Discord I got a Blue Screen. The other...
  9. Can't open Microsoft Office applications in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open Microsoft Office applications in File Explorer: Hi everyone, I've had a weird little issue pop up about 2 monthes ago. I can no longer open Microsoft Word, Excel, or Powerpoint files when I try to locate and open a file from those applications in the File Explorer. My screen will freeze and I will have to close my File...
  10. Microsoft Office Disappeared after windows update

Microsoft Office Disappeared after windows update: Computer updated the latest Windows update today (July 5th) and after update entire Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) are missing. Message for Outlook says, "File or directory is corrupt and unreadable". For other Office programs, "C;\Program Files...