Windows 10: Can't open Microsoft Photos

Discus and support Can't open Microsoft Photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Not sure when this started exactly, but it was recently I'd say after the newest update...of course. Right? I click on Microsoft Photos and the little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NemanjaVujnovic, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Can't open Microsoft Photos

Not sure when this started exactly, but it was recently I'd say after the newest update...of course. Right?

I click on Microsoft Photos and the little window opens up in the taskbar, but the large, normal window never opens. PNGs and JPEGs both won't open. Right-click on the picture and then "Open", does not work. On the other hand I can open the pictures, for example, in Adobe Illustrator.

I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

Version is 1803 (OS Build 17134.472)

:)

NemanjaVujnovic, Jan 5, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 5, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can't open Microsoft Photos

Microsoft Photos

Hi Catherine,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Have you tried opening some of the pictures to a different computer?
    • Is there any error message when you open a picture?
    • Is it only happening with photos?

We also suggest that you reset Photos application by following these steps:

• Click Windows icon.
    • Choose Settings or Gear icon.
    • Go to System.
    • Click Apps & features then click Photos.
    • Select Advanced options then Reset.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Can't open Microsoft Photos

1. Can't open Microsoft Photos - Similar Threads - Can't open Microsoft

2. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos: So,I am trying to open any photo file with Microsoft Photos but apparently since the last update of the application it just shows a black box, I have tried updating Windows, updating the application but nothing works....
  3. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos: So,I am trying to open any photo file with Microsoft Photos but apparently since the last update of the application it just shows a black box, I have tried updating Windows, updating the application but nothing works....
  4. I can't see the photos or open them with Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I can't open Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Microsoft Photos: it doesn't open when I click it and whenever I try opening a photo I get an error The app didn't start I tried to reinstall but still not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-photos/8cc8829a-1419-43ca-8e32-adbfb6232c64
  6. I can't open Microsoft Photos

I can't open Microsoft Photos: it doesn't open when I click it and whenever I try opening a photo I get an error The app didn't start I tried to reinstall but still not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-photos/8cc8829a-1419-43ca-8e32-adbfb6232c64
  7. I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.: Help. I want to know what the photo is without opening the Microsoft photos app and searching for it in all of my photos. submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j63px3/i_cant_view_photos_without_opening_the_microsoft/
  8. Can't Open Photos

Can't Open Photos: I Can't open photos, I get the following error "The app didn't start" don't know what to do, can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos/a3184dc1-9e42-4afd-b3cb-763be666ced2
  9. Microsoft Photo : We can't open this file

Microsoft Photo : We can't open this file: Hello, I am hoping that someone might have experienced this issue and have a resolve for it. In Windows 10 I use the Microsoft photos to view and edit pictures, today I got this message " We can't open this file" it is jpg file …I've been using it for a couple of years now...
  10. Can't open photo's

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open photo's: when I try and open a photo it says "you can not open this without admin" or something like that I am admin though please help I also have no other accounts 49899