Windows 10: Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app

Discus and support Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hey. I am neck deep in sh*t right now. I can't open any files that are made by microsoft or whatever you wanna call it. Most of the time if I try to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SpaciestCoast15, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app

Hey. I am neck deep in sh*t right now. I can't open any files that are made by microsoft or whatever you wanna call it. Most of the time if I try to open, let's say an MP3 file or a photo file, I get this error message and the app closes faster than I blink, like you open it, and poof it's gone. Also I tried to fix this and me, being myself, I somehow managed to remove the photos app lol, now the photos open with another program and the default photos app isn't in default apps in settings. Anyway, I wanted to upload an error pic right now but it's gone lmao, can't even open .APPX files anymore and the groovy music player is gone also, it plays in windows old player. The only error pic I can give is this when I try to open calculator.

List of things I tried:

1. Reinstalling the store or whatever using powershell but it didn't work because it gave me some sort of red error that said "the package could not be installed because the windows firewall is not running" or something.

2. Tried getting my way to windowsapps with no success

3. A lot of other methods that I can't remember because I can't even remember what I had for breakfast

4. Banging my head on the table and saying "god damn i f***ed something up again"

5. Drinking tea

Of course the 4th method sounds like it should work 100% but nope. Yeah, I know, I know, I was surprised also.

Any help is appreciated because god damn I just want my PC to be healthy. Thanks.

Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app 612dedb7-c1d0-4030-a0b1-151305aa1cc5?upload=true.png

:)

SpaciestCoast15, Dec 11, 2020

2. microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Angry Cub Win User
    Microsoft Store and other apps such as Calc and Photos won't launch after Windows' update

After an update, Microsoft Store and several other apps such as Photos and Calculator stopped working. Clicking on them would open a window's frame for a split second, then immediately disappear without any error message.

I also noticed that in the pictures' properties, at the "Open with" line, Photos had been replaced by "TWINUI".

After a quick googling it appeared the problem was related to incoherences in the apps packages, however none of the guides I followed worked for me.

Another symptom was that the app's names weren't displayed in Windows' program list, instead they were shown as follow :

Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app 1EjcJ.png

There are different suggestions that I found on the Internet, but none of them are relevant in my situation :

• sfc /scannow
    • dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    • In powershell : Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$.InstallLocation -like
      "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode
      -Register "$($
      .InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Downloading the migration tool from Microsoft's website and updating over the current installation
    • Running Windows' problem diagnosis tools

Angry Cub, Dec 11, 2020
  4. Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app

Microsoft apps and Store won't open and won't install

Hey guys, 2/3 days ago I resetted my msi laptop, but after the reset I can't open Microsoft apps anymore, like the calculator, photos, alarms & clock, weather, Microsoft store, etc. (Microsoft edge works just fine tho)

I already tried numerous 'solutions' from these pages:
    Microsoft Store won't open in Windows 10 [COMPLETE GUIDE]

Windows 10 Apps Won’t Open: Full Guide to Fix

But I don't know anymore what to do, anyone familiar with this? Or anyone can help me out?

I attached a video in the attachted zip file

Windows version: windows 10 version 1909 build 18363.720

- - - Updated - - -

I fixed it with installing a clean version of windows.

jelmerovereem, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app

1. Can't open microsoft store, calculator, photos or any microsoft related app - Similar Threads - Can't open microsoft

2. I can't open Microsoft Store, Photos app, sniptool, and a couple microsoft store apps....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open Microsoft Store, Photos app, sniptool, and a couple microsoft store apps....: Hi all,As mentioned, I can't open these apps at all.I can't even reset the cache, it says I need to open with another app. It's super frustrating. Please help me out!...
  3. I can't open Microsoft Store, Photos app, sniptool, and a couple microsoft store apps....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Microsoft Store, Photos app, sniptool, and a couple microsoft store apps....: Hi all,As mentioned, I can't open these apps at all.I can't even reset the cache, it says I need to open with another app. It's super frustrating. Please help me out!...
  4. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional: Ever since I had reinstalled windows 10 on my computer several months ago, the Microsoft store has not been opening and any app that runs through it won't work. On apps I've tried to install elsewhere not through the store I have always gotten the same error: 800700B7. I've...
  5. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional: Ever since I had reinstalled windows 10 on my computer several months ago, the Microsoft store has not been opening and any app that runs through it won't work. On apps I've tried to install elsewhere not through the store I have always gotten the same error: 800700B7. I've...
  6. Microsoft Store not opening and related apps nonfunctional

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps

I can't open any of the Microsoft store/store apps: This issue started recently when I couldn't open the Xbox app nor open the Xbox game bar. I don't exactly know what happened from there but now I can't open anything from the Microsoft store including the store itself. I've tried almost every troubleshooter and "solution"...
  8. Can't open any apps from the Microsoft store

Can't open any apps from the Microsoft store: I recently bought minecraft windows 10 edition from the Microsoft Store and when I downloaded it I could play it. After restarting my computer a prompt would come up with "Check the Windows Store for more info about Minecraft." I tried installing a different game and it...
  9. Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...

Can't open Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any...: Hi, I am not able to open the Microsoft Store. Can't open any Microsoft Store apps. Can't install any Microsoft Edge Add-ons. I used the wsreset.exe in the run box. It resulted in an error: ms-windows-store: PurgeCaches. The app didn't start. I ran the Store...
  10. Microsoft Store and Any Related App. Not Starting

Microsoft Store and Any Related App. Not Starting: Hey folks, I resetted my PC without data lost option and after the process I opened my windows and I cannot start Microsoft Store and any app that requires to start itself. I tried a lot of solutions and cannot work. I tried sfc /scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...