Windows 10: Can't open midi programs

Discus and support Can't open midi programs in Cortana to solve the problem; I have several new Jammer 4 Midi Arrangement Software Copies. They are less than 7 MB in size. Contains only MIDI - no audio. Windows 10 could not... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by PeterSnyders, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Can't open midi programs

I have several new Jammer 4 Midi Arrangement Software Copies. They are less than 7 MB in size. Contains only MIDI - no audio.

Windows 10 could not upgrade because of this program. I uninstalled it, but now Windows is not recognising it. There must be a driver or something to correct this. My Jammer 5 is working OK but in the latest, Jammer 6, more than 1 000 original songs have lost their path. Please help!

:)

PeterSnyders, Feb 5, 2020
  2. GrayFox72 Win User

Attempts to open MIDI Mapper or GS Wavetable Synth fail in Windows 10

In executing my Music composition program in Windows 10, the program indicates that NO MIDI output device is assigned. OK. I will assign one. I am offered either of two choices, both worked in my Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit system. These are: MIDI Mapper or Microsoft
    GS Wavetable Synth. In either case I get the following error:

Error 1003003 opening: MIDI Mapper.

OR

Error 1003003 opening: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth.

MIDI Output Device: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth - not found.

Oddly enough, after selecting either, getting the error message yet continuing, the program works just fine. Sound is produced!

Unfortunately, I still have to go through the same process of selecting the MIDI Output device every time I execute the program.

This is very annoying (and I consider it a Windows 10 "bug", particularly since in Windows 8.1 the program worked perfectly). Suggestions? Comments? Solutions? Please! (FYI: Program is Jammer 6 Pro. I plan to try Band-In-the-Box next.).

GrayFox72, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Playing MIDI files

Hi Dennis,

To isolate your concern, provide the answers to the following:

• Are you receiving an error message when trying to play a MIDI file?
    • On what program are you trying to play it with?
    • What program were you using before to be able to play it on your computer?

Regards

Michelle Her, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Can't open midi programs

MIDI KEYBOARD NOT DETECTED BY PIANOMARVEL INSTRUCTION SITE

• Have you already checked if the device shows in the Device Manager?
    Yes. Just checked and both MIDI keyboards are listed.

• Have you tried testing the device to a different PC and the same issue occurs?
    Yes....I just hooked up a Dell Pro Windows 10 laptop purchased late last year. 00325-80685-21181-AAOEM. I plugged in the AKM320 MIDI keyboard - (no drivers needed) The system sounded but did not show the AKM320 in Device Manager. I did the same with the
    ACORN Masterkey 49 with the same results. I did open the Piano Marvel site and try to get a recognition of either keyboard, and non were even listed. They did list on my main computer, but did not light up the site indicator for a MIDI signal being received
    as already reported.

Also: I activated a Windows 7 computer here and plugged in the AKM320 MIDI. The device appeared in "game controllers" I installed another DAW in that computer- Cake Walk and was able to get the computer and DAW to read my signals from the AKM keypad. I
    went to the Piano Marvel site but the same outcome occurred- the site did not read my signals from the MIDI key board.

• Are you getting any error messages when connecting the device to your PC?
    When I turn on both piano MIDI keyboards without the DAW running, no error or notice appears--but a connection sound does occur. However when I turn on either keyboard
    while the DAW is running, I get a notice that a MIDI device has been added.

• What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    2017 Windows 10. I do have an ID number...****************- installed in 2016

I really appreciate your interest in this issue and am glad to check any other areas for you. I have tried everything with no success. One bit of info....There are two programs I've tried to use both of which have a midi keyboard detection in their programs.
    Sight Reading Practice - Piano Music Sight-Reading Practice and Piano Marvel both do not read my midi keyboards. (But my DAW reads both and plays notes) Also a program called MIDI OX was installed by Piano Marvel's tech and the program detected both MIDI's. I am glad to pay for
    any consult should it become necessary.

Thanks again,

MTM

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

MikeMalsbary, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't open midi programs

1. Can't open midi programs - Similar Threads - Can't open midi

2. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  3. Windows 10 can't open programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 can't open programs: I've reinstalled windows twice already, it works about a week and then just stops opening programs. I've tried a bunch of solutions, none have worked for me so far, when I try sfc /scannow it says windows resource protection could not start repair service. I also get an error...
  4. Can't open programs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open programs?: Hello all. Yesterday, I was on my computer playing a game when the internet just cut out for whatever reason. Okay, fine. I reset my router, and waited for it to reboot. Aroudn that time, my computer had a notification that said "Shutdown happening in five minutes" or...
  5. Can't open program, neither uninstall it!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't open program, neither uninstall it!: I have a Lenovo Legion Y720. Without doing anything out of the ordanary, Lenovo's Nerve Sense didn't wan't to open. I tried uninstalling it, but nothing really happens. The uninstaller remains in one place and never gets to remove the program. Every single form I go on with...
  6. Can't open any program as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open any program as administrator: I am tryning to run cmd, powershell, etc as administrator, but showing error "The specified service does not exist as an installed service.". I also can't intall any applications. What should I do now?...
  7. MIDI

MIDI: I am trying to connect a MIDI keyboard to input to Musescore and the software and Windows settings cannot see the device. Do I need to download a driver for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/midi/0e295cd1-a2f4-4ba2-8b8b-bf7c505b6979
  8. Midi

Midi: Ive tried editing registry with several key searches but still get the “not enough memory to perform task” in midi-ox for Mixcraft DAW...brand new computer with adequate specs...please help... someone...
  9. I can't open a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open a program: Hey, The setup program (.exe) of Lightshot is on my C drive. I relocated my program files from my C to my D drive not too long ago, throught the regedit. But when I continued the installation through the setup program, it downloaded lightshot on my C drive. Whenever I...
  10. Can't open to screen an open program

Can't open to screen an open program: Using Windows 10, I have multiple screens setup (2 additional) to my laptop. I have a program that I have a shortcut on the taskbar for and have opened the program from that shortcut. When I hit ALT/TAB I can see the program is open, but when I select it, it doesn't display...