Windows 10: Can't open my account- "Wrong password"

Discus and support Can't open my account- "Wrong password" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm the administrator but can not open my account, however my wife can, She is not the administrator. Every time I try to change user account a window... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KenLizak, Jul 31, 2018.

1. KenLizak Win User

Can't open my account- "Wrong password"

I'm the administrator but can not open my account, however my wife can, She is not the administrator. Every time I try to change user account a window app pops up and says enter password and when I do it says wrong password, but its the one I use to open my computer

* Moved from IE10/other

* Original title: Can't open my computer

:)

KenLizak, Jul 31, 2018
  2. cmp9969 Win User

Wrong Password

The "Old Password" is the password to your local account. It is about to change your local account to a Microsoft Account. If you don't mind this, then enter your local account password. If you think this is overly intrusive of Microsoft, don't do it and let Cortana die.

cmp9969, Jul 31, 2018
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Create your Microsoft Account Today

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Can't open my account- "Wrong password"

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Can't open my account- "Wrong password"

1. Can't open my account- "Wrong password" - Similar Threads - Can't open account

2. Can't Login due to wrong password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Login due to wrong password.: Hi!It's been three days that I've been trying to open the laptop of my co-worker. The main reason is that she forgot her laptop password. Been trying with the best of my knowledge to solve the issues but to no avail. Take note that the user doesn't have any reset password...
  3. Can't Login due to wrong password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Login due to wrong password.: Hi!It's been three days that I've been trying to open the laptop of my co-worker. The main reason is that she forgot her laptop password. Been trying with the best of my knowledge to solve the issues but to no avail. Take note that the user doesn't have any reset password...
  4. something is wrong with my passwords!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    something is wrong with my passwords!: I just had the scare of my life! Just a few minutes ago, the passwords for every account I have just stopped working. This is for email, social media, discord, everything....... I changed my email password and got through there, but I didn't want to do this for every single...
  5. Can't login into Windows (wrong password)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't login into Windows (wrong password): Hello everyone, I woke up being unable to login in to my Windows computer - it sways wrong password, try again. Is there anything I can do to be able to access my windows account again? Thanks, submitted by /u/jayboogie15 [link] [comments]...
  6. Account opening with correct password but it is displaying wrong password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account opening with correct password but it is displaying wrong password.: I am trying to open my account with the password i gave while creating the account but now when I am trying to login into that id it is displaying wrong password. I entered the password as while creating the account I took a screenshot of the account and password and after...
  7. Can't sign in with a microsoft account because of wrong windows password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in with a microsoft account because of wrong windows password: Hi there, I had been using a 'local' account in my laptop and because using a Microsoft account is easier with a windows laptop I thought of switching to it, but I cannot "sign in with a microsoft account instead" because it asks the current windows password and I have...
  8. Windows 10 Mail saving the wrong password for my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mail saving the wrong password for my account.: Hi, I recently decided to switch from a third-party software over to Microsoft Mail the windows app, NOT outlook. When I went to add an e-mail account, though, it wasn't syncing any of my inbox. I decided to check, and sure enough, the app was saving a different password...
  9. all of my passwords for microsoft accounts are wrong.

all of my passwords for microsoft accounts are wrong.: Hellow, all of my Microsoft passwords are wrong since I reset my laptop. When I try to fix them Microsoft tries to verify it's me by sending a code but when I put the code in Microsoft tells me the code is incorrect, but edge has the same code. I just tried a password for one...
  10. Window password will not open my Microsoft account.

Window password will not open my Microsoft account.: I go enter information when I get to window password which is the same when open windows that but it didn't work what should I do thank you...