Windows 10: Can't open my new computer

Discus and support Can't open my new computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hopefully there is someone here that can help me without charging me. I got a new/used computer yesterday and it was a personal computer of some lady.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TJMetternich, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Can't open my new computer

Hopefully there is someone here that can help me without charging me. I got a new/used computer yesterday and it was a personal computer of some lady. Well she has a password setup to login. There has got to be some way to get around this but everything is telling me to click on the start button and there's not one on the screen. Oh yeah, it's a Dell computer and it has windows 10. Please help

* Moved from MSN

:)

TJMetternich, Apr 22, 2020
  2. cestout Win User

Typing a "t" opens a new window?

I have read the other similar posts. This is a desk top (Tower) computer and it happens frequently but not every time, it is lower case t, and it happens in just about any program - outlook, word, excel, mspub, but it has opened a browser at times. The
    new window is always different, al list of some kind. I put the curser back next to the t and the new window goes away. It is like a hot key, but not a combination (ctrl +) ane the window opened varies. Quite annoying and inconvenient! This happened in
    Windows 7 and still in Windows 10.

cestout, Apr 22, 2020
  3. None of the new apps will open

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I would like to know the detail below to assist you better with the issue.

• Do you get any error message/code?
    With regards to Start menu, I would suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
    • Close the CMD window
    Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to
    create a new user account and check if you still face the issue. To create it perform the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows key + R key, Run window opens.
    • Type control in the open box and clickOk.
    • Control Panel windows opens.
    • Click on User accounts and Family Safety.
    • Click on User Account and then click on
      Manage Accounts
    • Now click on Add a new user and follow the instructions.
    Now check if the issue persists in the new user account.

Keep us posted on the issue to assist you better.

Sudheendra S, Apr 22, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't open my new computer

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't open my new computer :cool:

jmcslob, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Can't open my new computer

1. Can't open my new computer - Similar Threads - Can't open computer

2. Can't open my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open my computer: Hello folks, I messed into something on msconfig was curious about the operating system /: windows. This made my pc un-openable, as if I were to open it, it just opens my monitor in black screen and shut itself down, and repeats that process. I can't go to a computer...
  3. Can't open my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open my computer: Hello folks, I messed into something on msconfig was curious about the operating system /: windows. This made my pc un-openable, as if I were to open it, it just opens my monitor in black screen and shut itself down, and repeats that process. I can't go to a computer...
  4. Can't open my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer can't open without a pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can't open without a pin: My computer can't open without a pin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-open-without-a-pin/d4580e13-ccfd-4f49-bff9-50fdc4bdaa8b
  6. I can't get yahoo to open on my new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't get yahoo to open on my new computer: I looked at previous threads and tried this Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.488] c 2020 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\windows\system32>ping yahoo.com Pinging yahoo.com [2001:4998:124:1507::f001] with 32 bytes of data: Request timed out....
  7. My computer is freezing. Can't open

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer is freezing. Can't open: I have to turn off the power to reboot the computer. Also I keep getting messages that Microsoft wants to synch my computer and my laptop. Apparently with the same password. I don't want to....
  8. my computer can't open store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my computer can't open store: my computer can not open the Microsoft store, I have enough time with this problem and would like to solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-open-store/18f97355-e57f-467e-8b7a-dbceccf13f57"
  9. my computer can't open store

my computer can't open store: my computer can not open the store, even though I try not to open it. Any advice would be appreciated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-open-store/fe6759e7-831f-4e98-94f7-554b17d42d1d"
  10. my computer can't open store

my computer can't open store: my com cannot open Microsoft store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-cant-open-store/96c6d68c-0026-40d5-bd90-a6ceaa1549be"