Windows 10: Can't open my recycle bin from search menu and all my data in it is gone.

Discus and support Can't open my recycle bin from search menu and all my data in it is gone. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't keep any icons on my desk top so I always open my recycle bin with the search menu. I know this is rather unethical but I usually keep some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sdog879, Jan 17, 2019.

1. sdog879 Win User

Can't open my recycle bin from search menu and all my data in it is gone.

I don't keep any icons on my desk top so I always open my recycle bin with the search menu. I know this is rather unethical but I usually keep some projects in my recycle bin and restore them when I need to - I know not the brightest idea but that's just a bad habit that I have I guess. I can spam click the bin and nothing happens. The only way I can open it is by going Personalization > Icons > and showing the recycle bin on the desk top but when I open it it's empty. I have done rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin in cmd to try and repair it but that doesn't work. Since a lot of my files are gone I tried to use easeus to recover them but can't find the folders that I need.

So basically everything in my recycle bin is gone and I still can't open my recycle bin through the search box.

Open to suggestions!

:)

sdog879, Jan 17, 2019

2. Recycle Bin gone

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the help article below to show the recycle bin in the desktop and check if it helps.

Show or hide the Recycle Bin

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 17, 2019
  3. Jan Del Win User
    recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Jan 17, 2019
  4. Can't open my recycle bin from search menu and all my data in it is gone.

Lost Recycle Bin in Windows 10

Hello,

We highly suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button , type desktop icons into the search box, and then click Show or hide common icons on the desktop.
    • In the Desktop Icon Settings dialog box, do one of the following: To hide the Recycle Bin, clear the Recycle Bin check box. ...
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Trixie Mop, Jan 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't open my recycle bin from search menu and all my data in it is gone.

1. Can't open my recycle bin from search menu and all my data in it is gone. - Similar Threads - Can't open recycle

2. where is my recycle bin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where is my recycle bin?: Where is my recycle bin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-my-recycle-bin/7e49243a-825a-4379-8f92-aa4af5de97cb
  3. Can't find recycle bin from start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find recycle bin from start menu.: I like to keep all of my icons away from the desktop, so that it looks clean, because of this, I use the start menu quite often in order to search up the app that I need. This time however after i re-organised some files, I noticed afterwards when I search for the recycle bin...
  4. Can't find recycle bin from start menu.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't find recycle bin from start menu.: I like to keep all of my icons away from the desktop, so that it looks clean, because of this, I use the start menu quite often in order to search up the app that I need. This time however after i re-organised some files, I noticed afterwards when I search for the recycle bin...
  5. Can't find recycle bin from start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. data from recycle bin got removed automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data from recycle bin got removed automatically: HiThere is issue with recycle bin where its data get deleted automatically after 24 hours. I have turned off the storage sense. I have decrease the recycle bin size too. However, the data got deleted automatically within 24-48 hours. Please help to stop it...
  7. data from recycle bin got removed automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    data from recycle bin got removed automatically: HiThere is issue with recycle bin where its data get deleted automatically after 24 hours. I have turned off the storage sense. I have decrease the recycle bin size too. However, the data got deleted automatically within 24-48 hours. Please help to stop it...
  8. data from recycle bin got removed automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. where is my recycle bin

in Windows 10 Customization
    where is my recycle bin: where is my recycle bin? I have gone to themes to turn it on but it still isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/where-is-my-recycle/593eea9b-443c-410a-a9b4-1cc977ca991a
  10. Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows: How to: Remove Empty Recycle Bin from Context Menu of Recycle Bin in Windows Add or Remove Empty Recycle Bin Context Menu for Recycle Bin in Windows The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from a hard disk,...