Windows 10: Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes

Discus and support Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open the "Network & Internet" section of Settings, the app crashes. I *can* open it when in Safe Mode. Here's the Event Viewer error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkSnyder2, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes

When I try to open the "Network & Internet" section of Settings, the app crashes. I *can* open it when in Safe Mode. Here's the Event Viewer error record of what happens:

Error when trying to open Network & Internet Settings:

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.19041.423, time stamp: 0x6de158c3

Faulting module name: SystemSettingsViewModel.Desktop.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x6149a7d1

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x0002be78

Faulting process id: 0x1db4

Faulting application start time: 0x01d68bce3195af76

Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettingsViewModel.Desktop.dll

Report Id: 17f8e0f3-d782-44d5-80ea-f00695132d2b

Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.2.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy

Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

Any help would be appreciated. I've tried sfc, dism, making a new user account, and re-registering all apps. No joy.

:)

MarkSnyder2, Sep 15, 2020

2. Internet Explorer won't open

Hi,

• If you cannot start Internet Explorer, you can open the settings window by pressing Windows Key + R, typing "inetcpl.cpl" in the Run box, and then pressing Enter. After the
      window is open, follow the steps that are described in the "How to reset Internet Explorer settings" section.
    If above steps failed to solve.

• Try to create new user account and then open IE.

Or

• Try clean installation method to reset your system.

VinOth_VingO, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Sep 15, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes

1. Can't open "Netowork & Internet" section of Settings--app crashes - Similar Threads - Can't open Netowork

2. Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section: I can't even unstiall or reset any appsIncluding Settings anymore because settings keeps on crashing everytime I open the install app section, I've tried reseting it trough command prompt and powershell but it doesn't fix it, I've even tried to repair my windows 11 but It...
  3. Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings crashes everything I open the Install App section: I can't even unstiall or reset any appsIncluding Settings anymore because settings keeps on crashing everytime I open the install app section, I've tried reseting it trough command prompt and powershell but it doesn't fix it, I've even tried to repair my windows 11 but It...
  4. There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.

There is no "apps & features" section in the settings.: I'm using windows 11 the latest version I have installed all the updates. I have tried all the solutions on the internet and nothing worked with me. What is the problem with that ? and if there is a substitution section for "apps & features" what is it?...
  5. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  6. Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app crashes in some sections of privacy settings: Settings app just crashes in some sections of privacy settings location for example.Win version: 10.0.22621Tried, didn't help: 1. sfc scannow2. dism3. resetting app in settingsHere are the logs:1. Application ErrorFailed application name: SystemSettings.exe, version:...
  7. Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings app crashes when accessing the apps section: To whom may concern:While in the settings app I try to access the apps section so I can move my apps on another drive. When I do get to the apps section on it's first page it crashes.I tried SFC and DISM: FailedI tried PowerShell: FailedAny fixes?Bobby Burgess...
  8. Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section

Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section: When going to Battery Settings via the battery icon in the taskbar or through the settings app itself, it starts to load the battery settings page before abruptly closing the window. I updated my Windows today, though I can't confirm whether the problem occurred before the...
  9. Crashing Windows 10 Settings app in update section

Crashing Windows 10 Settings app in update section: This is my new laptop HP Pavilion 15 dk-0050tx. From the very first day i am seeing that many times windows update section does not show all the options as it should. Screenshot attached. Sometimes it does show all the options. And in both condition if i click on any of the...
  10. Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section

Settings app crashes when clicking on Apps section: My desktop PC has been updated from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 recently. In the latest build 18362.116, Settings app crashes when I click on Apps section. The workaround I have found is to open File Explorer, right-click on C drive and go to Properties. Then, click on Disk...