Windows 10: Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.

Discus and support Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Did a Windows 10 update today 12/1/2019 and now I can't open any Office XP WORD documents. Word opens but when I try and open a doc it closes down. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DJN_56, Dec 1, 2019.

1. DJN_56 Win User

Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.

Did a Windows 10 update today 12/1/2019 and now I can't open any Office XP WORD documents. Word opens but when I try and open a doc it closes down. I created a new doc and saved it, tried to open and same thing.

:)

DJN_56, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Office 2019

Only supported on Win10. Sorry, 8.1 users, only 4 years old, gotta go.

Microsoft Office 2019 will only work on Windows 10

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...-to-office-and-windows-servicing-and-support/

Spoiler Office 2019
    Last year at Ignite, we announced Office 2019 – the next perpetual version of Office that includes apps (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and Skype for Business) and servers (including Exchange, SharePoint, and Skype for Business). Today we’re pleased to share the following updates:

• Office 2019 will ship in H2 of 2018. Previews of the new apps and servers will start shipping in the second quarter of 2018.
    • Office 2019 apps will be supported on:
      • Any supported Windows 10 SAC release
      • Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2018
      • The next LTSC release of Windows Server
    • The Office 2019 client apps will be released with Click-to-Run installation technology only. We will not provide MSI as a deployment methodology for Office 2019 clients. We will continue to provide MSI for Office Server products.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Krazy Owl Win User
    Open office VS Word 2007

I am making my resume and started with the one i already made in the past with Word 2007 but now using Open office 3.4.1.

Is there a reason why Open Office is screwing everything and even changing all the formats ?

I mean...it puts the table all around different size than before, change the caracters format without me asking to change it, change the alignment.

It's suppose to be COMPATIBLE...I don't see how compatible it can be. It feels like opening a Word 2007 document in Wordpad.. if you see what I mean.

Also the P carater in the top of Word that you press to see where are the lines there is none in open office...always the lines over the lines.

Any of you can help me out doing something with it or anyonewas able to do something good with Open office? *Bang Head :banghead:

Thx!

Krazy Owl, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.

word office 2019

Respectable sir,

Whenever I open "word office 2019 ", it takes time to start. Please help me.

Thanking you

With Regards

Motilal Jhalani

MOTILALJHALANI, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019.

1. Can't open Office XP Word documents since update today 12/1/2019. - Similar Threads - Can't open Office

2. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 user 1 computer Word 2019: On Word 2019 I have 1 user on 1 computer that comes up with Compatibility Mode on all their Word documents. When someone else logs on or if the one user logs on another computer, everything works great. How do I turn off the Compatibility Mode for the one user?...
  3. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 user 1 computer Word 2019: On Word 2019 I have 1 user on 1 computer that comes up with Compatibility Mode on all their Word documents. When someone else logs on or if the one user logs on another computer, everything works great. How do I turn off the Compatibility Mode for the one user?...
  4. 1 user 1 computer Word 2019

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. word document will not open

word document will not open: I cannot open a word document and this is the following message I get. I have tried some strategies suggested online for this particular error message, but I'm hoping there are other helps. Thank you....
  6. Things open very slowly UAC, local word document, Office 2019

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Things open very slowly UAC, local word document, Office 2019: Hello, I recently ran into a strange issue and I am hoping to see if I can get some assistance. I have a new laptop running Windows 10 LTSC 1809 and everything appears to work fine when connected through a network cable. Now when I go home, I notice that everything UAC,...
  7. Unable to open Word after todays update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to open Word after todays update?: I am unable to open Word/Mail/Excel/PowerPoint/ etc... after todays update? Any suggestions? Office shows me logged in and up to date. It will not open through Office app or from toolbar or using shortcut. Only the Orange Office update box will show up and then the display...
  8. word 2019 not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    word 2019 not opening: I cant open word or open any documents at all, what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-2019-not-opening/2e0ad4a6-a94c-4c5b-98b2-5a93babe80b9
  9. Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Open Word 2019 in a ndw blank document: Hi there, How do I get Word to open into a new blank document and without the Navigation pane to the left? I have looked into the Word Options windows. I do not seem to see anything related to that there. Thanks, Jeff Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18363.657] [img] 150470
  10. Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents

Word 2019 opening Microsoft Works created documents: I am try to help my friend correct an issue. She update her Windows 7 operating system with Windows 10 version 1803, in doing so her previous application of Microsoft Works was not useable and called me for help. Windows 10 version 1803 is now updated to Windows 10 version...