Windows 10: Cant open old (disc) games

Discus and support Cant open old (disc) games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Am on windows 10 w/ the newest update, i cannot open a disc game. The game is Rome: Total War (Gold). Its an old game not sure what os was around when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AllAwesome497, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Cant open old (disc) games

Am on windows 10 w/ the newest update, i cannot open a disc game. The game is Rome: Total War (Gold). Its an old game not sure what os was around when it worked but i am fairly certain it is older than windows 10. I tried doing this but when i executed the script i got this error:

[SC] StartService FAILED 1275:

This driver has been blocked from loading

Any ideas? I am running windows 10 Pro if that matters

Oh i also had this problem with annother old game, Empire Earth. (also as a disc game)

:)

AllAwesome497, Oct 12, 2019

2. I can't figure out how to open the disc tray on my toshiba laptop

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

Kindly try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Locate the eject button near the disc tray. This button is usually directly to the left or right of the disc tray.
    • Press the eject button firmly and quickly. The tray should slide open.
    • Press the eject button a second time to close the disc tray.
    If the above steps doesn't work try the below.

• Open This PC.
    • Right click on DVD drive.
    • Click on Eject to open the drive.
    If this doesn't help, I suggest you to contact Toshiba support for further assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://support.toshiba.com/

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 12, 2019
  4. Cant open old (disc) games

Disc for windows 7 to run on windows 10

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to read the Windows 7 disc and check if it helps.

• Insert Windows 7 disc.
    • Press “Windows+E” which will open file explorer.
    • There you will find the Windows 7 disc.
    • Open the disc and copy the files anywhere on your computer, so that you can access the information from the disc.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

Cant open old (disc) games

1. Cant open old (disc) games - Similar Threads - Cant open old

2. MYST the game old setup discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MYST the game old setup discs: I found a 20 year old set of discs for the game Myst and got very nostalgic.I am by no means a gamer, in fact I can't remember playing any video games above chess/solitaire in years, but would love to take a fond look back at it to see what I've forgotten... and remember the...
  3. MYST the game old setup discs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MYST the game old setup discs: I found a 20 year old set of discs for the game Myst and got very nostalgic.I am by no means a gamer, in fact I can't remember playing any video games above chess/solitaire in years, but would love to take a fond look back at it to see what I've forgotten... and remember the...
  4. Cant play Flight Simulator on Game Pass....keeps asking for game disc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play Flight Simulator on Game Pass....keeps asking for game disc: As the headline say, trying to play Flight Simulator via Game Pass digital download and it keep asking for the game disc. It seems to have installed ok, I have tried the clear cache, various powershell suggestions all to no avail. Any other ideas I should look at?...
  5. Old windows folder cant open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Old windows folder cant open: hello, i recently installed windows on a user's laptop and went to old windows folder after installing to get back user data. but the folders i was looking for are in a form of shortcut and cannot open and says "cant locate or the drive could have been moved or deleted. the...
  6. cant open game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant open game: i recently downloaded a game and it wont open. when i try, it tells me im missing MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll. how do i fix this? i have windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-game/0a94895b-4495-4506-92ff-29a05b695e3d
  7. Old 32 bit game discs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old 32 bit game discs: I have been searching for months for a solution to run my old 32-bit game discs or Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. My old Scrabble disc still downloads and runs in my Windows 10. I don't know more than a get by knowledge of computers. Is it possible for microsoft to...
  8. old dell disc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    old dell disc: Hi I found this old DELL DISC does anyone know what these files are> Thank you TIMMY[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-dell-disc/0b54c790-8949-45ee-8d6c-cb2ea06f8140
  9. cant open microsoft games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant open microsoft games: i'm having trouble restoring microsoft solitaire and i can't open the store https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-microsoft-games/0ed5b6ac-1843-4ae2-8449-6e91a862cfa4
  10. Cant play old games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant play old games: Hey my windows 10 cant play some old games command and conquer Tiberian Sun and command and conquer Red alert 2 it says one or more dlls are missing please reinstall and i have...