Windows 10: Can't open .pdf docs via Word anymore - why not?

Discus and support Can't open .pdf docs via Word anymore - why not? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just tried opening a .pdf file as I have always done in the past, and couldn't. I now have to 'open with' with Google Docs or Microsoft Edge! What... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kiwibee, Mar 21, 2019.

1. kiwibee Win User

Can't open .pdf docs via Word anymore - why not?

I just tried opening a .pdf file as I have always done in the past, and couldn't. I now have to 'open with' with Google Docs or Microsoft Edge! What has happened over the past couple of weeks for this to occur? The icons have all been changed to something I can't make out. All documents/files open as normal.

Thank you for any help in advance.

:)

kiwibee, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Jean G. Win User

Unable to open PDF or Word docs

I'm suddenly unable to open pdf or word docs that are posted on a website that I access regularly. No error message. Just clocking and then a blank screen?

Jean G., Mar 21, 2019
  3. Unable to open PDF or Word docs

Which application do you use to open and view PDF's?

Did you try downloading the PDF or Word document, launch the respective application then open it from there?

You can might also want to repair Microsoft Office and or reinstall your PDF viewer.

You can try opening the PDF in Edge.

Andre Da Costa, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Can't open .pdf docs via Word anymore - why not?

Gmail and Windows 10 opening word docs from gmail

I have received a PDF in my gmail. I have to fill out form and send it back with a PDF attachment from Word in Windows 10. I can't see it unless I open it and it opens in Word and requires me to convert the doc to Word which I did, but Word wants to convert
    the PDF attachment as a Word format, too. How can I do that?

PatriciaTroxell, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't open .pdf docs via Word anymore - why not?

1. Can't open .pdf docs via Word anymore - why not? - Similar Threads - Can't open pdf

2. why word docs open as wordpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why word docs open as wordpad: when i open a word doc it opens as word appi am unfamiliar with word app and do not wish to use it as i can not see formattinghow can i remove word app and replace with word doc as a defultwhen i search, i cannot even find MS Word as an option on my laptop...
  3. why word docs open as wordpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why word docs open as wordpad: when i open a word doc it opens as word appi am unfamiliar with word app and do not wish to use it as i can not see formattinghow can i remove word app and replace with word doc as a defultwhen i search, i cannot even find MS Word as an option on my laptop...
  4. why word docs open as wordpad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC

OPENING A SAVED PDF DOC: Trying to open a PDF document, as a PDF doc that I downloaded and saved on my laptop. When I click on 'open' a message box appears. I am given two options--either convert it to a Word doc or 'Cancel". How do/can I open my doc the way that it should be, as a PDF document?...
  6. Can't open a Word Doc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open a Word Doc.: Can't open a Word Doc saved less than 24 hours ago. The message I get is file is either deleted or not available at this time. I didn't delete it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-word-doc/6c951d89-266a-4331-853f-4c10aa286679
  7. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  8. Unable to convert Word doc to PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to convert Word doc to PDF: When I convert word doc to pdf the resulting document does not contain photos, loses a full page of text, & re-orders the document. What can I do to fix the problem? I have the most current version of Office 365. Thanks....
  9. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  10. In Win 10 why will Word not convert docs to PDF

In Win 10 why will Word not convert docs to PDF: Anyone else not able to convert Microsoft Word documents to PDFs? When I try to by doing Save As (with the Word document open) and then in the Save As Type drop down I select PDF then click Save, I instantly get a message saying Microsoft Word Has Stopped Working, trying to...