Windows 10: Can't open pdf email attachments

Discus and support Can't open pdf email attachments in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using a Linux Debian desktop. Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them. Suddenly no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by wireman, Apr 4, 2021.

1. wireman Win User

Can't open pdf email attachments

Using a Linux Debian desktop.

Used to be able to open PDF email attachments in Opera and Firefox-esr browsers without downloading them.

Suddenly no longer able to open this type of attachment in Opera or Firefox-esr without downloading the attachments.

Also not able to open PDF files from various websites.

No changes at all have been made to the Debian system or any software on that system.

How can this problem be solved, please ?

It is not an option to download attachments on a...

Read more

wireman, Apr 4, 2021

2. Adobe 2.0 Can't Open PDF Email Attachments

Hi. I am using WM5 on an HTC Wizard. I installed Adobe 2.0 for viewing PDF's and it works great. The only problem I have is that I get an error every time I try to view a pdf that is an email attachment.

If I try to save the pdf attachment and then view it I get the same two errors listed above.

If I copy the pfd attachment from my PC to the device I can open it, but I suspect that is because some type of file conversion has taken place.

Should I be able to view pdf attachments on my device using adobe 2.0 or will the pdf attachments always need some type of coverting before I can view them on my device?

Adobe 2.0 works great, but so far I am unable to view pfd email attachments.

Thanks for the help.

Bob

CountryBob, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Attachments not opening in windows 10 email

When I get an email with an attachment eg a PDF document I want to print, it wont open. Any suggestions?

S Jackson1, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Can't open pdf email attachments

Adobe 2.0 Can't Open PDF Email Attachments

Any Suggestions ?? It would be nice to be able to open PDF attachments on my WM5 device.

Thanks.

CountryBob, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Can't open pdf email attachments

1. Can't open pdf email attachments - Similar Threads - Can't open pdf

2. PDF Document Attachment to Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF Document Attachment to Email: When a save a document to my email the attachment does not have a PDF label on therefore the reciepent can't see the attachment. So when I save the document a second time it saves correctly. Please help* Moved from Community Center...
  3. PDF Document Attachment to Email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF Document Attachment to Email: When a save a document to my email the attachment does not have a PDF label on therefore the reciepent can't see the attachment. So when I save the document a second time it saves correctly. Please help* Moved from Community Center...
  4. Email Attachments not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Attachments not opening: Weird issue I can't wrap my head around.Updated a computer at my work, however on the new pc, the mail app doesn't want to open some PDF files but will open others.On the previous computer, we can still open up all PDF files no issue.I honestly don't have any idea how to sort...
  5. No longer able to open chrome pdf files attached to an email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to open chrome pdf files attached to an email: I am no longer able to open chrome pdf files from an emailIt worked earlier this week, using the mail app on a Microsoft laptop. I tried saving the files to my computer but it still did not work. I am in school so a lot of pdfs are getting sent to me and I need to be able to...
  6. Can't open emailed attached files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open emailed attached files: This problem occurred a week ago. Have been running same software for years without a problem. I am not able to open any file attached to an email. Email client is Windows Live Mail. Using latest version of Windows 10. I believe opening files is a Windows function. I can open...
  7. Can't open attached documents to Emails

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't open attached documents to Emails: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows Vista just recently and can no longer open pdf documents attached to emails (AOL). I understand that the problem might be caused by my outlook profile but can't find how to resolve? Regards Robert Barrow...
  8. preview of pdf attachements in emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    preview of pdf attachements in emails: When attaching a pdf file to an email, I am getting a message "This file can't be previewed." In my preview pane. I used to be able to preview all email attachments before adding them. Other types of file (jpeg, exl, png, etc.) show in the preview pane but not pdf files. The...
  9. Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook will not open a PDF Attachement: I received mt E ticket via my Hotmail account but Outlook will not open the PDF attachment Air Canada sent via my hotmail account? I guess they are trying to force me to purchase the upgraded version!!!!!...
  10. excel email attachments convert to PDF

in Microsoft Office and 365
    excel email attachments convert to PDF: Excel files received as excel files convert to PDF when downloaded or opening. I have tried right click and open with Excel and open in browser. Neither works. I have Windows 10 and Office 2003. I have a Comcast email address and an Office 365 email address. Help would...