Windows 10: can't open pdf files or play videos

Discus and support can't open pdf files or play videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; this past week i can't open pdf files or play basic videos. it is work related and not any crazy content thx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bekkahthomas, Jul 12, 2021.

1. can't open pdf files or play videos

this past week i can't open pdf files or play basic videos. it is work related and not any crazy content thx

:)

bekkahthomas, Jul 12, 2021

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 12, 2021
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Jul 12, 2021
  4. Dice Vil Win User

can't open pdf files or play videos

Video files not playing.

Hi,

We'll need to check a few things to better determine what might be the issue. We'd like to know the following:

• What is the file extension of the videos you're trying to play? To check this, right-click on a video and select
      Properties. Check what's indicated beside the File type.
    • What app are you using to play the videos? You can also see this in Properties beside
      Opens with.

can't open pdf files or play videos 8017e552-b568-403e-95a4-3d27624bb442.png

• Do you encounter any error messages when trying to play the videos? If so, kindly send us a screenshot.
    • Did you make any recent changes in your system or was this the first it happened?

In some case, this may have to do with incorrect file association between files and apps you're using to open them. If the app beside Opens with is not the correct app for opening video files, we suggest that you click
    Change in the Properties window to select the appropriate one.

can't open pdf files or play videos bdafc020-8526-43ad-b5a3-279d1407ca8b.png

In other cases, it could be that the file type isn't supported in the app you're using to play the video. If so, you may need to download the necessary codecs or updates for that particular app to play the videos properly.

Should you need further assistance, let us know right away. We'll be here.

Dice Vil, Jul 12, 2021
Thema:

can't open pdf files or play videos

1. can't open pdf files or play videos - Similar Threads - can't open pdf

2. Can't open jpegs or play videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open jpegs or play videos: Help Please!! After the most recent Windows 10 update - I can't open any jpeg files or play any video files on my computer. Have tried various online solutions - none have worked so far.Any suggestions/help appreciated.Thanks in advance!...
  3. Can't play videos

Can't play videos: Split from this thread. I have a video that I cannot play on my computer. Everytime I try to open it, an error message pops up. Ive tried playing it in windows media player and other players as well, but no luck. What do I do?...
  4. Can't open PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open PDF files: After installing Win 10 updates today, I cannot open PDF files. When attempting to do so, I get the error message "Windows cannot find C:\users......pdf Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. I looked at the community - and see this is not new. But...
  5. pdf files opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pdf files opening: When I try to open my statement in pdf it want me to save it, but I just want to open it and read it. Is there anything I have to do in setting to be able to just read pdf files? Thank you....
  6. Can't open PDF files from web

Can't open PDF files from web: All of a sudden, I can't access any pdf files from the web anymore. I click the link to open the file (even ones that have worked fine before) and it just opens a new tab with a blank grey screen. I am using Chrome....
  7. PDF FILES NOT OPENING

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF FILES NOT OPENING: HI, J HAVE WINDOWS10. PREVIOUSLY ALL WAS OK SINCE LAST 4 DAYS PDF FILES ARE NOT OPENING, IN ANY SOFTWARE IT IS OLY OPINING IN MICORSOFT ADGE ON DESKTOP OR IN SOFTWARE PDF FILES IS NOT OPEN I HAVE UNINSTALLED ACROBATE REDER DC AND REINSTALLED, PROBLEMS NOT SOLVE...
  8. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  9. opening pdf file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opening pdf file: I am suddenly unable to open pdf files on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/opening-pdf-file/f2a05bcd-930c-4f64-818e-88f726258f03
  10. can't play videos

in Windows 10 Support
    can't play videos: when I play video files on my new Windows 10 system I can only hear the audio but can't see the video 15903