Windows 10: can't open photos from explorer in any format

Discus and support can't open photos from explorer in any format in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, There was a problem with my Windows 10 when opening photos or other image documents. [ATTACH] I don't know why this error can arise.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arwana BagusPratama, Apr 2, 2019.

1. can't open photos from explorer in any format

Hello all,

There was a problem with my Windows 10 when opening photos or other image documents.

can't open photos from explorer in any format c6d1d9c0-f2d1-45d3-9886-17b966620cca?upload=true.jpg

I don't know why this error can arise.

Thank you for helping to answer.

:)

Arwana BagusPratama, Apr 2, 2019

2. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! can't open photos from explorer in any format :)

justinmreina, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

can't open photos from explorer in any format

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

can't open photos from explorer in any format

1. can't open photos from explorer in any format - Similar Threads - can't open photos

2. In Kiosk mode, i can't open any files from the file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In Kiosk mode, i can't open any files from the file explorer: Hi,In Kiosk mode I can open files with the applications that are installed.Exemple : doc ; docx ;.....etc with LibreOfficemp4 with VLCphotos with paint or LibreOffice not possible with Microsoft Photo, it shows me the error below But when I try to open these files directly in...
  3. In Kiosk mode, i can't open any files from the file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Kiosk mode, i can't open any files from the file explorer: Hi,In Kiosk mode I can open files with the applications that are installed.Exemple : doc ; docx ;.....etc with LibreOfficemp4 with VLCphotos with paint or LibreOffice not possible with Microsoft Photo, it shows me the error below But when I try to open these files directly in...
  4. In Kiosk mode, i can't open any files from the file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explorer can't open photos or videos or right click any files.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer can't open photos or videos or right click any files.: Whenever I try to open a photo or video in file explorer it doesn't work and it doesn't give me an error. It just keeps loading and then I can't click anything in file explorer since its loading and I have to close it. All the file explorer fixes I can find online are just...
  6. Can't Open Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open Photos: I Can't open photos, I get the following error "The app didn't start" don't know what to do, can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos/a3184dc1-9e42-4afd-b3cb-763be666ced2
  7. Can't open links from any app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open links from any app: Not sure I can write this here but, on any app (TS, Discord, Steam etc...) I can't open links when I click on them. I thought it was just discord at first, but I can't anywhere. What might be the problem? It's the first time ever in my life that I experience this problem. It...
  8. Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 file explorer not opening? Can't open any folder.: I follow these steps to fix my problem Fix File Explorer if it won't open or start and I also tried other fixes that is mentioned in other posts but non is working for me. The last step where it says Run Automatic Repair is only step left. Can someone tell me why its not...
  9. I can't format any drives...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't format any drives...: Hello! Today, when I tried to format my used storage device, it said this: [ATTACH] and [ATTACH]and [ATTACH] and [ATTACH] I need help. I cannot format any drive at all. Sincerely, Golden...
  10. Can't open photo's

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open photo's: when I try and open a photo it says "you can not open this without admin" or something like that I am admin though please help I also have no other accounts 49899