Windows 10: Can't open photo's

Discus and support Can't open photo's in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; when I try and open a photo it says "you can not open this without admin" or something like that I am admin though please help I also have no other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zvark3, May 10, 2016.

1. Zvark3 Win User

Can't open photo's

when I try and open a photo it says "you can not open this without admin" or something like that I am admin though please help I also have no other accounts

:)

Zvark3, May 10, 2016
  2. sarah_964 Win User

Unable to open Photos in Windows 10. error : Windows Photo Viewer can't open this because either Photo viewer doesn't support this file format,or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer

why wouldn't photos open though they are in JPG File format..It says "Windows Photo Viewer can't open this because either Photo viewer doesn't support this file format,or you don't have the latest updates to Photo Viewer"

I have windows 10 and everything is updated.

Thanks in advance Can't open photo's :)

Original title: Photos can't open

sarah_964, May 10, 2016
  3. Windows 10: Sync my settings

my photo can't open with photo aplication

miftahul hairi, May 10, 2016
  4. Whatphoeb Win User

Can't open photo's

you can select the top the folder.

Properties -> security -> advanced -> change permissions

Tick 'include inheritable permissions' AND 'replace all child permissions'

Go to this link: Take Ownership of a File or Folder

Whatphoeb, May 12, 2016
  5. Molyy Win User
    Copy the photos to a different location and then try to open it and check if can open them.

Molyy, May 12, 2016
  6. Zvark3 Win User
    I do not see a change permissions button

Zvark3, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Can't open photo's

1. Can't open photo's - Similar Threads - Can't open photo's

2. I can't open Microsoft Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open Microsoft Photos: it doesn't open when I click it and whenever I try opening a photo I get an error The app didn't start I tried to reinstall but still not opening https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-microsoft-photos/8cc8829a-1419-43ca-8e32-adbfb6232c64
  3. I can't open photos?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open photos?: I'm on a Windows 10, and I'm using the Windows Photo App. For like...a couple of days now I've been running into a problem, and it has gotten worse. When I click on a photo to open it, the app does open, but it's just a black screen, and it just stays that way until I...
  4. Can't open the Photo app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open the Photo app: Every time I try to open an image using the Photo app, an error message that reads, "file system error (-2147219196)" shows up. I've tried reinstalling the photo apps, but it didn't work. I've also had the same problem with the Movies&TV app. Can somebody tell me what's...
  5. Can't Open this image or photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Open this image or photos: Now I can't open photos or pictures anymore. This happened today. Strangely, this image can be opened yesterday. One way to open it is to use a third party application to open it. I opened it and appeared "Windows can't find 'D: //filename.png' Make sure you typed the name...
  6. Can't Open Photos

Can't Open Photos: I Can't open photos, I get the following error "The app didn't start" don't know what to do, can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos/a3184dc1-9e42-4afd-b3cb-763be666ced2
  7. Can't Open "Untitled" Photos

Can't Open "Untitled" Photos: Greetings, I have sent some "untitled" jpeg/jpg photos that I have taken to my daughter, but for some reason she cannot open the files in the Windows Photos app or Photoshop. She says that the extensions say "file." Can anyone please help me solve this mystery? Thanks!...
  8. Can't open Microsoft Photos

Can't open Microsoft Photos: Not sure when this started exactly, but it was recently I'd say after the newest update...of course. Right? I click on Microsoft Photos and the little window opens up in the taskbar, but the large, normal window never opens. PNGs and JPEGs both won't open. Right-click on the...
  9. Why can't I open photos

Why can't I open photos: I recently have been unable to open and view my photos. I can only see the icon with mountains. I found instructions but they do not work for my windows 10 pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-open-photos/0c5d5606-2628-4c5c-b01f-2f9b0a6892e9"
  10. Can't open individual photos

Can't open individual photos: I can open my Photos folder and the sub folders but when I try to open an individual photo a pop up says system file error or the media is write protected. Help?!...