Windows 10: cant open pictures, videos, or music?

Discus and support cant open pictures, videos, or music? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; all of the sudden i cant open any videos or pictures or music. i have no idea what happened just one day everything stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/OfficerCoolGuy, Feb 29, 2020.

1. cant open pictures, videos, or music?

all of the sudden i cant open any videos or pictures or music. i have no idea what happened just one day everything stopped working. https://imgur.com/a/P3OhlYf any help fixing this would be appreciated, thanks!

submitted by /u/OfficerCoolGuy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/OfficerCoolGuy, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

You can't redirect the shortcut links which is the subject of the post

Steve C, Feb 29, 2020
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. cant open pictures, videos, or music?

What exactly are are "My music", "My Pictures" and "My videos"

The link has the following advice that, of course, does NOT work in Win10 !

Workaround

If the My Documents, My Music, My Pictures, and My Videos links in the Start menu do not point to the Documents, Music, Pictures, and Videos folders, you must manually redirect these links to the correct folders. To redirect these links, follow these steps:
    1. Click Startthe Start button , right-click the link, and then click Properties.
    2. On the Location tab, replace the wrong target location with the correct target location. For example, to redirect the My Music folder to the Music folder in Windows Vista, enter %systemdrive%\Users\user_name\Music.
    3. Click Apply.

If this was a fix for Vista, it seems kind of sloppy to keep it around !

- - - Updated - - -

If you CHECK THIS BOX they disappear.

theoldwizard1, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

cant open pictures, videos, or music?

1. cant open pictures, videos, or music? - Similar Threads - cant open pictures

2. Cant open pictures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open pictures.: I took some photos today on my phone. I could see them just fine. They were saved on my memory card. I tried to open them on my laptop but couldn't open them from there. I then tried to open then from my phone but I couldn't. I tried a few things:-Restarting my device-Used a...
  3. Cant open pictures.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant open pictures.: I took some photos today on my phone. I could see them just fine. They were saved on my memory card. I tried to open them on my laptop but couldn't open them from there. I then tried to open then from my phone but I couldn't. I tried a few things:-Restarting my device-Used a...
  4. Cant open pictures.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Videos and music folder both named pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  6. Videos and music folder both named pictures

Videos and music folder both named pictures: Hello Sir!Today I thought I would get round to the task of moving my user files documents, downloads, pictures etc. to my second hard drive. But due to some reason I am facing a problem that my Videos and Music folders both are named Pictures in Windows 11. I have rebooted my...
  7. can not open pictures or videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can not open pictures or videos: When I try to open a photo or video from File Explorer, the spinning blue circle appears for a few seconds then the screen turns black and turns File explorer off. The Photo or video does not open....
  8. Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't access My Pictures, Videos, Music: Hi, I have been unable to access my pictures since I moved my files to a my new computer. [img] [img] Same result trying from C:\Users\Me [img] I don't see any other way to access those folders. There are new Picture, Video and Music folders but they only show up in...
  9. Opening a picture video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opening a picture video: Hi all, I have made a picture-video in Windows 10; adding music and text, etc. I saved the back-up (.vpb file) but I now cannot open the project to render it out, now that I have time to work on it. :-( Silly question I'm sure...but it's really frustrating me that I cannot...
  10. can not open videos and pictures

can not open videos and pictures: When I try to open my pictures and videos it tells me Access is Denied. on top it also said location is not available https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/can-not-open-videos-and-pictures/7d917cde-ddcc-417e-8fc2-f51a0c90393a