Windows 10: Can't open pictures

Discus and support Can't open pictures in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a HP Pavilion and I have noticed in the last couple of days, that I have not been able to open any of my pictures using the Photo app, that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JillL., Oct 25, 2020.

1. JillL. Win User

Can't open pictures

I have a HP Pavilion and I have noticed in the last couple of days, that I have not been able to open any of my pictures using the Photo app, that is on my computer. I was able to open them over a week ago, but I think the update has caused it not to work. I have tried to go back to a previous version and resetting my computer, but neither one of them worked. I can't even open pictures from my phone. Can anyone help me?

:)

JillL., Oct 25, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Can't open pictures

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting error when trying to open Pictures on your computer. I'll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the default application that is set to open pictures?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer?

It could be possible that the application set to open pictures is not working properly. If Photos app is set as the default application to open pictures, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Can't open pictures

Pictures in Pictures folder will not open

Aloha,

Thanks for the suggestions but I have already done everything listed. Nothing is giving me back access to my pictures. I can enter the files but the pictures will not open.

Mahalo,

Rhonda

RhondaKlimt, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Can't open pictures

1. Can't open pictures - Similar Threads - Can't open pictures

2. Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Pictures not Opening Pictures: Problem with Pictures not Opening PicturesI have a iPhone 14 Pro Max that I used to take pictures while on a vacation. When I got hoe I created Folder and transferred those pictures .JPEG and HEIC to my Microsoft Surface Pro 7.When I trt to open a >JPEG file with Microsoft...
  3. Pictures are not opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures are not opening: When ever I download a picture and tried to open it did not open, even those pictures which is already exist did not open.anybody know what's the reason. I have window 10...
  4. Can't open pictures

Can't open pictures: Hi everyone, Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I would be most grateful for the Community's assistance and expertise. I suddenly can't open any of the pictures stored on my laptop unless I open them in a program such as Paint. When I double click on an...
  5. Can't open pictures

Can't open pictures: [IMG]every time i try to open any jpg file i get this error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-pictures/06cb4742-cf21-4051-b4fe-2d4bc017d561"
  6. Pictures Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pictures Not Opening: Up until last week, I was able to view any picture on the web. Lately all I get is that ssmall picture square box within another square box. I am using Chrome, cleared cache, all the usual things to do but have no idea why this is happening. It happens in my yahoo email, my...
  7. Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open pictures - Invalid value for registry: For the past few days I haven't been able to open any pictures using the Photos APP. I've deleted it and reinstalled it and I've run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow twice - before and after deleting and reinstalling the APP - and found no...
  8. Can't open pictures

Can't open pictures: I can't open any photos and am in Windows 10. I get the file system error -2147219194. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/cant-open-pictures/bfe96ef8-9b6f-4089-9ebf-a723bf1a07b3
  9. Can't open any pictures

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't open any pictures: I can't open any pictures and get the file system error -2147219194 on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cant-open-any-pictures/57fd3960-9e49-4fb9-ac31-be53d02d5b3b
  10. Can't open pictures in MSpaint

Can't open pictures in MSpaint: I've been messing around with the registry (lol,don't groan) and when i right click a picture then choose 'edit' from the context menu it opens paint but not the picture in paint. Does anyone have an idea what i may have done wrong. 109949