Windows 10: Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it...

Discus and support Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi!I recently have been having this problem. I'm on Windows 10 Before May 2021 update and PNG files are acting like they don't exist.Basically, with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by silvxrcat, May 30, 2021.

1. silvxrcat Win User

Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it...

Hi!I recently have been having this problem. I'm on Windows 10 Before May 2021 update and PNG files are acting like they don't exist.Basically, with any program, I can't open .png files. It just says "Sorry, we don't accept this format.". The icons won't load, either. I found a forum post from when Windows 7 was a thing which told the same problem but with windows 7 and hero, and it said to check if the Photos app accepted .png files, and I checked and it does. Most likely, I think windows suddenly stopped reading downloaded .png files?Thanks, and have a good foo bar :

:)

silvxrcat, May 30, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 - defaul photo program

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

As I understand that you are not able to see Photo Explosion in the list of default programs, I would suggest you to follow few steps to set Photo Explosion as your default program.

• In the search bar type Default programs and press enter

• Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program

• Select the file type which you want to associate with the photo Explosion.

• After selecting click on change programs

• Check whether you are able to see Photo Explosion in the list.
    Hope this information is useful. Do get back to us for further assistance.

Arul_D, May 30, 2021
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it... :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 30, 2021
  4. Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it...

unable to open jpg in windows 10 "we can't open this file"

Hello,

There are several ways to open an image file in Windows 10. If a photo cannot be viewed using the
    Photo App, we suggest opening it using a different app. The steps below will help you
    set Photo Viewer as your default image viewer:

• Press Windows Key + S and enter default programs. Select
      Default Programs
      from the list.
    • Select Set your default programs.
    • Select Windows Photo Viewer and click the Set this program as default.
    • Click OK to save changes.

After setting Photo Viewer as your default image viewer, open those
    .JPG files and see if the issue still occurs.

Should you have further questions, feel free to post them on this thread.

Jefferson Ore, May 30, 2021
Thema:

Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it...

1. Can't open .PNG files with any program including Photos but according to the settings it... - Similar Threads - Can't open PNG

2. Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11: None of the image files with extensions like .png, .jpg, etc. are not opening via the Photos app in Windows 11. Whenever I open it with Photos, it just opnes a blank page screenshot attached. Formatting/Clean Install didnt work either.Actual File :-The same file opened in...
  3. Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Any image file like .png, .jpg files not opening via Photos app in Windows 11: None of the image files with extensions like .png, .jpg, etc. are not opening via the Photos app in Windows 11. Whenever I open it with Photos, it just opnes a blank page screenshot attached. Formatting/Clean Install didnt work either.Actual File :-The same file opened in...
  4. Barely any apps opening, including settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Barely any apps opening, including settings: I've been having an issue with my computer. I first noticed it when I went to change the volume, and soon realized almost none of the taskbar is working. The settings app won't open, except for when I right click the sound button and go to sound settings, in which case if I...
  5. I can't open a PNG photo !

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't open a PNG photo !: looked over info. here...many said to use the photos app., That does not work ! I see a blank square with a line running horizontally through it .Can anyone be of further help ?Thanks...
  6. can't open png files

can't open png files: Hello! I've got a problem when opening png files. when I open it says "It looks like we don't support this file format" please help, I try all in internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-png-files/14eca5fd-8a4b-4d96-8670-7435e9159b65"
  7. Opening PNG FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    Opening PNG FILES: When I open a "PNG" file I get a warning (Below) saying it could harm my computer, so I uncheck the "Always ask" box and then it opens. [ATTACH] But when I try to open another later it will ask again, is there ant way I can get it to remember my preference....
  8. Photos in Windows can't open the settings FILE INFO

Photos in Windows can't open the settings FILE INFO: Hi!, I just want to get some tips on how to fix "PHOTOS" in Windows 8-10, I can view the photos but when I try to open the 3 dots besides Print icon and chooses settings "FILE INFO" it literally crashes or stop working I tried several Reset and Repair for the software...
  9. Opening PNG files.

Opening PNG files.: I have received an e-mail in my Virgin Mail which has 1 PNG files and 2 GIF files attached. How do I open them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/opening-png-files/59fd1cae-a02f-4cd2-a3a1-772edae09cbf"
  10. Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open .jpg file in any of photo viewing programs: Hi! I have a Windows 10, I tried to open some .jpg photos, but I couldn't because there is always a message like this: [img] [img] I tried to change the Default Program, to convert the files, but nothing helped... If somebody recognizes the problem, please help...