Windows 10: Can't open printer preferences Windows 10

Discus and support Can't open printer preferences Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; We upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 1909, 18363.720 and now I cannot access printer preferences. No matter which printer I try or which application, if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeoffreyUT, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Can't open printer preferences Windows 10

We upgraded to Windows 10 Pro 1909, 18363.720 and now I cannot access printer preferences. No matter which printer I try or which application, if I select "Printer Properties" or "Printer Preferences," where you can choose paper size and color management options, etc. not where you choose ports or drivers, the screen just blips and then goes back to the application as if I hadn't clicked anything. This is preventing me from printing with any options other than the default settings. It started in Adobe Acrobat, and especially when I would choose the "Advanced" tab trying to find the preset shortcuts. I could restart my computer to get the functionality of the Printer Preferences back, but now it happens in all apps for all printers no matter how many times I shutdown or reboot.

:)

GeoffreyUT, Mar 31, 2020

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Can't open printer preferences Windows 10

printer preferences causing protection fault windows 10

Hi,

Outdated printer drivers can cause issues when using printers. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps carefully in this

article
    to fix printer problems. The article provides step-by-step instructions for running the automatic printer troubleshooter, updating your printer driver, and resetting the spooler service.

We look forward to your response and the result of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't open printer preferences Windows 10

1. Can't open printer preferences Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't open printer

2. Printer Preferences

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Preferences: Is there a way to tell windows 10 to allow each app its own printer preferences. If I set a specific preference in devices and printer it applies to all apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/1367993b-cb6b-4cdd-a928-429333b2edd2
  3. Printer preferences lost

in Windows 10 Customization
    Printer preferences lost: I have a HP ENVY 5540 printer which works perfectly I have tested it by printing from my phone but I have lost a number of printer preference options when trying to print from my laptop, namely: colour printing and photo quality print although I can select 'best'. So when...
  4. Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences

Opening a specific printers Printer Properties / preferences: is there a command in the form of: explorer.exe shell:::{A8A91A66-3A7D-4424-8D24-04E180695C7A} that wil alow me to open or link directly to a specific printers "preferences", in this case its named HP. as seen in this image. [ATTACH]...
  5. Printer Preferences

Printer Preferences: Received CD from UK and changed "Printer Preferences" to "Shrink to fit". Printed Fine. Tried to go back in to change "Printer Preferences" and upon selecting printer to "Manage" received pop-up window with following: White X in small red circle followed by...
  6. Can not launch Printer Preferences window...

Can not launch Printer Preferences window...: I can't access the "printing preferences" window. Just flash and disappear on screen. However, I can access settings on Google, IE, Microsoft Edge (e.g.: to set color or non-color printing) Windows 10 Pro N - version 1909. My printer is XP-204 Epson....
  7. printer preferences

printer preferences: I want to cease using the duplex printing (default setting) to print on 1 page. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-preferences/c75e4fb4-f754-47ca-b4ac-f13d921a0a60
  8. Printer preferences

Printer preferences: I have a HP Photosmart printer, which I cannot print on. when I choose the 'Printing Preferences', it's all blank, there's nothing in the boxes at the top (settings/advanced/security etc) & on the right side of the page there are just symbols. I've uninstalled & reinstalled...
  9. Printer not using preferences

Printer not using preferences: Here's a weird one. 2 systems, one a homebuilt Intel-based tower and the other an AMD based laptop, both: Windows 10 Pro, 64 Bit system with all updates. Canon MF227DW Laser printer with the current drivers Windows has all current drivers for the printer. Uninstalled,...
  10. WINDOWS 10 PREFERENCES TO "OPEN A FILE WITH"

WINDOWS 10 PREFERENCES TO "OPEN A FILE WITH": In Windows 7 there was a preference area to customize what program to open a file with. Where is that feature on 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-preferences-to-open-a-file-with/831e85e7-054d-46a9-a418-6db8cab6624c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open printer preferences