Windows 10: Can't open program, neither uninstall it!

Discus and support Can't open program, neither uninstall it! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo Legion Y720. Without doing anything out of the ordanary, Lenovo's Nerve Sense didn't wan't to open. I tried uninstalling it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StefanHattingh, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Can't open program, neither uninstall it!

I have a Lenovo Legion Y720.

Without doing anything out of the ordanary, Lenovo's Nerve Sense didn't wan't to open. I tried uninstalling it, but nothing really happens. The uninstaller remains in one place and never gets to remove the program. Every single form I go on with "solutions" don't work:

In safe mode, the same things happen.

Reinstalling/updating the driver to overwrite the previous version doesn't work.

Temporary deactivating the antivirus doesn't work either.

So I can't use the program and neither can I remove it.

I'd just like to remove this so that I can reinstall the latest version.

Can't open program, neither uninstall it! 954da395-8364-4c22-88d4-40a1d9d65bab?upload=true.png

:)

StefanHattingh, Oct 31, 2020

2. can't uninstall program

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I appreciate your effort in resolving this issue.

- Did you try un-installing the program from programs and features?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Repairing or removing programs

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.
    • On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    If you are still unable to uninstall the program, follow the steps below.

• In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs > Programs and Features, then select the program.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 31, 2020
  3. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Can't open program, neither uninstall it! :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 31, 2020
  4. Can't open program, neither uninstall it!

Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 31, 2020
Thema:

Can't open program, neither uninstall it!

1. Can't open program, neither uninstall it! - Similar Threads - Can't open program

2. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  3. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open specific program or uninstall it.: I can't open some of program such as Steam, IDM, or install any program that just download. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-specific-program-or-uninstall-it/5a6ffeca-30e6-436a-8726-bc3bae545c54
  4. Can't open specific program or uninstall it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall a program: I see this every time I try to uninstall a program on windows, how do I fix this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-a-program/8fec66db-f709-4dff-b41a-bbff2e404d84
  6. Can't uninstall programs

Can't uninstall programs: My computer was incredibly slow, so I uninstalled a bunch of programs. Just games and such - nothing system-essential to my knowledge. It actually did the trick, my computer is not operating at normal speed. However, somewhere in the process, I lost the ability to do further...
  7. Can't Uninstall a program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Uninstall a program.: Hi I installed Solarwinds SCP Server and have decided it's not for me. I've gone into Control Panel / Uninstall or Change a program and selected it to Uninstall. After a couple of seconds I get a screen with a red background saying 'This app has been blocked for your...
  8. Can't uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall a program: I had downloaded and installed DAZ 3D 4.10 64 bit, and Hexigon 2.52, but they don't work well on my PC and I wanted to uninstall, I can't find them in my program files. I was able to uninstall their installer, but the apps are still on my PC and I can't find the files to...
  9. Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Uninstall a program in Control panel.: For some reason when i go to control panel and click on Uninstall a program nothing happens. I restarted my PC and the problems still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-uninstall-a-program-in-control-panel/06f37371-74b3-45a5-9092-8df42687f92f
  10. Can't uninstall a program

Can't uninstall a program: I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but it told me I need to uninstall Buffalo TurboPC EX Series. I looked in the uninstall a program screen, and couldn't find it. Is there a way to uninstall it? 19575