Windows 10: CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

Discus and support CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't see the protection history because after i clicked the protection history it's just frezee and then the tab closed by itself like in this vid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FarhanRandy, Sep 25, 2020.

1. CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

I can't see the protection history because after i clicked the protection history it's just frezee and then the tab closed by itself

like in this vid i posted on youtube if you can't understand what i mean
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TL-RQzwaU

:)

FarhanRandy, Sep 25, 2020

2. Unable to clear protection history

I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History...

I have tried...

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender

Right click on it and select clear log.

and

Delete folder Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service .

After deleting the folder Service, off and turn on (OFF>ON) Real-Time protection and Cloud protection.

And neither suggestion works. Are there any other suggestions to clear the protection history

Microsoft needs to reinstall the clear button.

I have entries because I had Controlled folder access turned on by accident... I have it off now.

Jack Smook, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

1. CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY - Similar Threads - CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION

2. Protection History crash

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection History crash: So, I'm using windows 10 Pro. Windows defender detected a virus. But when I open protection settings on windows defender UI it just crashes after a few seconds. I've tried fixes I saw online including deleting history scans and updating windows, but none of them worked. I'm...
  3. Can't delete Protection History

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete Protection History: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/y0dtpxdedde51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=5a5e46c3f4f48f9336a1720ce5af4542717d81ba I've just installed Photoshop CC and Viber in my laptop and windows defender blocks the folder. I don't actually mind if it's blocked or what,...
  4. Protection History

Protection History: Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the trick; but realized that is not what I'm looking for. 1. I want to clear these entries. 2. I've already let the programs...
  5. Protection History Crashing

Protection History Crashing: The title says it all. I've found numerous articles on the Internet with this very issue. A file gets blocked from accessing a protected folder, you click the notification, and the Protection History pops up. You can then click the blocked apps and choose whether to allow or...
  6. Protection History

Protection History: After running Windows Defender Offline Scan shouldn't that activity show up in Protection History? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history/345164dd-f13b-44ab-b51a-1279ab0ca5d6"
  7. Protection history Crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Protection history Crash: I scanned a pen-drive which had many folders infected by worm i.e all folders were in the form of .scr file. I scanned using windows defender and accidently I took the action and the folders infected were removed. So I thought to restore the folders. But as soon as I click...
  8. Protection History in Windows Defender doesn't open

Protection History in Windows Defender doesn't open: Every time i click on protection history in windows defender, the app freezes and then crashes. I don't know how to fix this problem. I have all updates installed, ran sfc/scannow command, rebooted 5 times and still the problem exists. https://imgur.com/a/hrIVdiJ...
  9. Protection history not working

Protection history not working: Windows 10 keeps blocking apps, I have a steam account and whenever I download a game windows just blocks it. So I have to go to my protection history and allow it on my computer. The only problem is that whenever I open windows protection history, it just closes the app, and...
  10. Protection History Crash

Protection History Crash: https://aka.ms/AA63nd4 I downloaded some keylogger samples and WD successfully block all files. But, windows security crashing if i try open protection history. There is no 'reinstall WD' or 'clear protection history' button. https://youtu.be/4ljxz1zUcYA...