Windows 10: CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

Discus and support CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I can't see the protection history because after i clicked the protection history it's just frezee and then the tab closed by itself like in this vid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by FarhanRandy, Sep 25, 2020.

1. CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

I can't see the protection history because after i clicked the protection history it's just frezee and then the tab closed by itself

like in this vid i posted on youtube if you can't understand what i mean
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TL-RQzwaU

:)

FarhanRandy, Sep 25, 2020

2. Unable to clear protection history

I am using Windows 10 Home build 1909 and I am unable to clear the Windows Security Protection History...

I have tried...

Open Event viewer and find Log "Operational" under Application and service logs / Microsoft / Windows / Windows defender

Right click on it and select clear log.

and

Delete folder Service C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service .

After deleting the folder Service, off and turn on (OFF>ON) Real-Time protection and Cloud protection.

And neither suggestion works. Are there any other suggestions to clear the protection history

Microsoft needs to reinstall the clear button.

I have entries because I had Controlled folder access turned on by accident... I have it off now.

Jack Smook, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Zehlewi Win User
    Clearing Windows Defender history

Hey, what you need to do is so simple, just follow the steps below exactly in order:
    1. Turn OFF Real-time Protection
    2. Turn OFF Cloud-delivered Protection
    3. Go to this folder C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Service
    4. Delete the contents in the folder
    5. Turn ON Real-time Protection
    6. Turn ON Cloud-delivered Protection
    That's it... Now check protection History, it's empty.
    Done!

Zehlewi, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Steve C Win User

CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY

1. CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION HISTORY - Similar Threads - CAN'T OPEN PROTECTION

2. can't open protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open protection history: I am unable to save a game because windows blocks it, when i press the notification to allow it through this is all that pops up. Even if I come to protection history manually its still empty, I have no 3rd party anti-viruses....
  3. can't open protection history

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't open protection history: I am unable to save a game because windows blocks it, when i press the notification to allow it through this is all that pops up. Even if I come to protection history manually its still empty, I have no 3rd party anti-viruses....
  4. can't open protection history

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. protection history

in Windows 10 Gaming
    protection history: how do I know if Unwanted app is found in my windows security protection s actually unwanted malware or unsafe and what action to take about it or is it something I need to allow...
  6. Protection history

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Protection history: How do I delete the protection history of microsoft defender Please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/protection-history/0bdaccd3-f29c-4e77-abe8-03a93e25b010
  7. Can't see Protection history

Can't see Protection history: I've just upgraded an old install of Windows 10 from 2016 to the latest updates and now my Windows defender never displays anything in the protection history.I've installed all updates, used the refresh your PC option, tried running DISM and sfc /scannowNone of that has...
  8. Protection History

Protection History: When clicking "Protection History" in "Windows Security/Virus & threat protection" the window disappears after a few seconds. Does anybody know why this happens and how it is fixed? Many thanks...
  9. Can't delete Protection History

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete Protection History: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/y0dtpxdedde51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=5a5e46c3f4f48f9336a1720ce5af4542717d81ba I've just installed Photoshop CC and Viber in my laptop and windows defender blocks the folder. I don't actually mind if it's blocked or what,...
  10. Protection History

Protection History: Can someone tell me how to get rid of these entries properly? At 1st, I thought clicking the 'Filters' button & selecting 'Clear Filters' would do the trick; but realized that is not what I'm looking for. 1. I want to clear these entries. 2. I've already let the programs...