Windows 10: Cant open random GUI elements anymore all over Windows 10

Discus and support Cant open random GUI elements anymore all over Windows 10 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Not sure since when this happened, mostly one of the last Windows 10 updates of the last 1-2 weeks, but I cant open random GUI elements anymore. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gorgor, May 10, 2020.

1. gorgor Win User

Cant open random GUI elements anymore all over Windows 10

Not sure since when this happened, mostly one of the last Windows 10 updates of the last 1-2 weeks, but I cant open random GUI elements anymore. For example gpedit, or the network GUI window, when I click on them I get this message:

Trying to open gpedit:
    https://i.imgur.com/YbRfl0q.png

Trying to open network settings over ( https://i.imgur.com/qQXazeS.png ):
    https://i.imgur.com/MExrqEg.png

Anyone know whats causing this and to solve it?

:)

gorgor, May 10, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 10, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Adobe Elements just downloaded wont open

Hi Chris,

Regarding your concern about opening Adobe Photoshop Elements, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any specific error messages or error codes?
    • Which version of Adobe Photoshop Elements are you using?
    • Have you done any troubleshooting steps so far?

We will wait for your reply.

Remon Ont, May 10, 2020
  4. Cant open random GUI elements anymore all over Windows 10

photoshop elements 8 won't open

Hi Jay,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you have issues with Photoshop elements 8 on Windows 10.

I suggest you to download the Photoshop elements 9 (latest version) from the below link and check if it helps.
    Adobe apps - download and installation help

After downloading the setup file, Install the setup files through compatibility mode by following the below steps.

I suggest you to install the program in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode and Run the program with Windows 8.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Cant open random GUI elements anymore all over Windows 10

1. Cant open random GUI elements anymore all over Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cant open random

2. Windows OS Randomly Can't Click Elements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows OS Randomly Can't Click Elements: This is an issue that has been going on for several months and has only gotten worse as times gone on. For some reason, windows will not register my clicks to certain elements of the UI randomly. It most often shows up as being unable to interact with the taskbar, or the...
  3. Graphical corruption on some GUI Elements Solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphical corruption on some GUI Elements Solved: Hi,I recently upgraded the internals of my machine, everything except the video card which is an Nvidia 1080 Ti. I've never had problems with the video card before, but it was the first thing I suspected might be the problem. I cloned my harddrive to a new larger drive and...
  4. Graphical corruption on some GUI Elements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphical corruption on some GUI Elements: Hi,I recently upgraded the internals of my machine, everything except the video card which is an Nvidia 1080 Ti. I've never had problems with the video card before, but it was the first thing I suspected might be the problem. I cloned my harddrive to a new larger drive and...
  5. Windows 10 Photo app, all Windows 10 apps won't open anymore!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo app, all Windows 10 apps won't open anymore!: Greetings & HELP! The other day I was using my Windows 10 Home Laptop as usual. Out of nowhere, it told me there was a Weird Named "Unknown Problem" & my PC would have to Restart. That does happen about once a week but most likely because way back on Haloween, about 3 months...
  6. Cant install Photoshop Element on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant install Photoshop Element on Windows 10: Hi! This is Nayeon and your help is really appreciated. I have my disc and I am trying to install Photoshop element on my Windows 10. But upon installing, it says "I need greater versiom IE 4" what does that mean? i tried updating my display adapter and do all the basic...
  7. My windows 10 GUI and Screen is all messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 GUI and Screen is all messed up: I am having problems in my laptop that has never ever happened before until now. My screen is flickering black and white but the colors are default (like facebook-blue, etc.) And the UI and fonts are messed up like if I move the cursor somewhere the black and white flickers...
  8. i cant open Itunes anymore on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i cant open Itunes anymore on Windows 10.: I have had this laptop for about 2 years and downloaded iTunes , but in the last few months have not been able to open iTunes. please help as all my music is "locked up"...
  9. Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Text Disappearing All Over Windows Randomly: Hello all, Ive got a weird issue here. More often than not, when I log onto Windows on my laptop, my desktop icons are missing text. It is not limited to just the icons though. Context menus are all missing text as well, along with everything when I open Windows explorer....
  10. Windows 10 GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 GUI: Is the Windows 10 GUI the same for the free upgrades from Windows 7 and Windows 8? Has the Charms Bar dropped for free upgrades from Windows 8? Just wondering. 15530