Windows 10: Can't open Registry Editor

Discus and support Can't open Registry Editor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't open the registry editor. I tried opening it on the command prompt and it says access denied even though i opened it through admin, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaphaelMundo, May 27, 2019.

1. Can't open Registry Editor

I can't open the registry editor. I tried opening it on the command prompt and it says access denied even though i opened it through admin, when I opened it on Windows PowerShell it just says "Program 'regedit.exe' failed to run: The specified executable is not a valid application for this OS platform.At". I tried running the "SFC /scannow" command on command prompt and it says that nothing is missing. I need the regedit, because I think my "file explorer.exe" is corrupted since it crashes every now and then. To add when I tried to restart the "file explorer.exe" it just crashes. So basically I have two problems but the main thing is that I can't open my regedit

:)

RaphaelMundo, May 27, 2019

2. how to open registry editor?

how to open registry editor

brianashe1, May 27, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
    how to open registry editor?

Why do you ask?

No offense but... when you don't know how to start the registry editor then you should best stay far away from fiddling around in registry Can't open Registry Editor ;)

And... Why wouldn't you use your favorite search engine to find that info for yourself?

Smeed, May 27, 2019
  4. Can't open Registry Editor

Registry editor

Hi Ruben,

Changes made using the Registry Editor can greatly affect how your system works. Should you wish to undo those changes, we suggest that you restore your system to an earlier state. To do this, simply follow the steps in this

article

You can also find this
    article
    useful for backing up your files before making changes with your registry.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 27, 2019
Thema:

Can't open Registry Editor

1. Can't open Registry Editor - Similar Threads - Can't open Registry

2. RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN: So I tried opening run and i got this error message: this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computerThen I tried opening regedit then this happened:registry editing has been disabled by your administratorI think it was a virus, please...
  3. RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN: So I tried opening run and i got this error message: this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computerThen I tried opening regedit then this happened:registry editing has been disabled by your administratorI think it was a virus, please...
  4. RUN and REGISTRY EDITOR WONT OPEN

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Registry Editor not opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Registry Editor not opening: My Nvideo Geforce drivers weren't working so I looked up a fix online, this is what I followedAfter copy pasting C: \ Program Files and C: \ Program Files x86 in there spots, it did nothing but give error messages, when I try and open registry editor I get these error...
  6. Opening files in my Registry Editor

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Opening files in my Registry Editor: I accidentally deleted my users folder and it did not delete completely there are some remaining files, These are the file names One drive, Origin, idlerk, QtWebEngineProcess. I found a way to find my files back in registry editor and I don't know how to put them back onto my...
  7. Registry Editor opens at starup

Registry Editor opens at starup: Hello! Ever since I installed Malwarebytes a few days ago, a pop-up called "User Account Control" keeps appearing every time I start windows, asking for the app Registry Editor to make changes to the device. [ATTACH] The first time i clicked "yes", my laptop restarted on...
  8. cannot open registry editor

cannot open registry editor: i am not able to open registry editor on my windows 10, whenever i open it a notepad window opens up. what could be the reason?[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-open-registry-editor/ea69d705-7331-4915-aed1-202679e6beca
  9. Can't open Registry Editor Missing ulib.dll !!

Can't open Registry Editor Missing ulib.dll !!: i'm trying to open my regeditor but i keep getting this message that my pc is missing a dll file called ulib.dll and ask me to reinstall the program ?!! [ATTACH]...
  10. Registry Editor hidden when open

Registry Editor hidden when open: I attempt to open Registry editor. When no other program is open, I see it briefly appear on the screen, but then disappear. It shows in task manager, it is open. I need to be able to get into this editor, and make adjustments as needed. I had this same issue with Adobe...