Windows 10: Can't open search bar apps

Discus and support Can't open search bar apps in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I search an app through search bar it doesn't open any apps and it doesn't even show the icons and it just shows a black box. The weird thing is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/big4hed92, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Can't open search bar apps

When I search an app through search bar it doesn't open any apps and it doesn't even show the icons and it just shows a black box. The weird thing is that I can open google chrome easily

submitted by /u/big4hed92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/big4hed92, Oct 28, 2020
  2. duckvenom Win User

Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 28, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Can't open search bar apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Can't open search bar apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Can't open search bar apps

1. Can't open search bar apps - Similar Threads - Can't open search

2. Can't find apps in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  3. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find apps in search bar: I resetted my pc and kept my files and I reinstalled most of the app by now but when I try to search for them in the search bar they won't appear for some reason. I got this with nearly every app I recently downloaded except office 365. How do I solve this problem?...
  4. Can't find apps in search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't click on Apps I search in search bar .: Hello, so recently I resetted my laptop because I wanted to organize my files from the start. One issue I found was finding apps like twitch and telegram in the search bar . But I could not open, it simply won't open . The icon is also not the icon, it's like a default icon...
  6. Search bar not opening

in Cortana
    Search bar not opening: I'm on the most recent version of windows 10 and whenever I use a shortcut that requires the windows key or I click on the search bar it automatically closes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-not-opening/691960a6-7d27-430d-9734-04a8ac06414f
  7. App on the search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App on the search bar: app on the search bar, I can't open it, and I have plenty of app so that can you help me ? you can watch this on this link submitted by /u/Ariette_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l43sgx/app_on_the_search_bar/
  8. Can't open apps from Windows Search bar and cant open start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open apps from Windows Search bar and cant open start menu: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rageanoid2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kxb5oe/cant_open_apps_from_windows_search_bar_and_cant/
  9. Can't open action center, can't type in search bar

in Cortana
    Can't open action center, can't type in search bar: In the past few days i'm having a problem with opening action center or type in search bar. What happens is i click on the bar or the icon, but its immediately closes it self like i double click on it really fast. It's not the first time it happened, i had this problem like...
  10. Can't open files from Windows Search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't open files from Windows Search Bar: I usually open some of my files by searching their name in windows and then clicking them. This feature stopped working after I did an update on Windows. My previous version was 1803 and the new version is 1809. I am on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. After I click search icon, the...