Windows 10: Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10

Discus and support Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi i just want to ask how can i fix my ASUS laptop problem, i can't open the settings it automatically forced close after i opened it, and i can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShierylEcle, May 14, 2019.

1. Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10

Hi i just want to ask how can i fix my ASUS laptop problem, i can't open the settings it automatically forced close after i opened it, and i can't connect to wifi thats why i cannot download the link to fix my settings, what should i do?

:)

ShierylEcle, May 14, 2019

2. Windows Lumia 930 won,t connect to the wifi.

l have windows nokia Lumia 930 and it won,t connect to wifi at home or at work

paulredick, May 14, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 14, 2019
  4. Cvrk Win User

Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Thema:

Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10

1. Can't open settings and can't connect to wifi on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't open settings

2. Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi: Split from this thread. I am also having the same problem, In that it will identify the SSID for the hotspot but the SSID for the Home Network it is absent. it just does not appear. it is also that way for my work laptop also running Windows 7, also connects to hotspot but...
  3. Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi: I cannot connect to internet on my windows 11 laptop. I've had my laptop for more than 2 years and one day it just stopped connecting to wifi. I've tried everything a network reset, forgot the wifi, restarted my pc, shut it off, and I even did a hard reset and I can't even...
  4. Can't connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to wifi: My laptop suddenly stopped connecting to wifi, it hasn't had any other issues since I updated to windows 11, until last night it just disconnected, I tried every solution I could find online; network reset, disabled and enabled the firewalls, on and off airplane mode, etc,...
  5. Can't able to connect wifi Wifi related settings are not shown in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't able to connect wifi Wifi related settings are not shown in windows 10: Hi,. Recently I got a windows update, after updating I can't able to connect to the wifi network. As checked, there are no settings visible that are related to wifi. I tried various ways to fix this issue but nothing worked out. As I checked the event logs I can able to see...
  6. Can't connect to WiFi.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to WiFi.: I just opened up my pc and tried to connect to my wifi but it just says "no internet,secured".It's not my router becuase all my other devices work fine on the wifi.Someone please help. submitted by /u/kakarot4367 [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 - Can't connect to WiFi

Windows 10 - Can't connect to WiFi: I have a new laptop with Windows 10 and am trying to connect to Wifi. I am able to search for available networks, however my network does not appear. I have restarted the router, reinstalled the drivers and turned on the discovery option in the network and sharing center....
  8. Can't Connect to Wifi

Can't Connect to Wifi: Hello, I've been having a problem with my network adapters. It's been days since I have been experiencing not veing able to connect to my wifi and I believe that it has nothing to do with my internet connection since it works on other devices perfectly. I tried...
  9. Can't Connect to Wifi Windows 10

Can't Connect to Wifi Windows 10: I have a wifi router with multiple networks set up and I can connect to one but not the other. The other network does not appear whatsoever and I have tried troubleshooting. I know it is there because family members can use it and so can my other devices, but my laptop can't....
  10. Can't connect to wifi

Can't connect to wifi: It says that I'm connected, but the login page never pops up. I can go on a few sites, but I can do very limited things (for example, I can search for videos on YouTube, but I can't watch anything). Everything was working just fine about an hour ago. I've tried turning my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open wifi settings on windows 10

2. i cant open settings on windows 10