Windows 10: Can't open settings or any apps or settings

Discus and support Can't open settings or any apps or settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I restarted my surface pro that runs windows completely and it started up fine but I was unable to open up anything. I couldn't connect to networks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KaliyahJones, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Can't open settings or any apps or settings

I restarted my surface pro that runs windows completely and it started up fine but I was unable to open up anything. I couldn't connect to networks because I open the wifi program. I could not open up my Start either or my action dialog notification panel or anything. I cant open cortana

:)

KaliyahJones, Mar 20, 2019

2. Open settings of Windows 8 App

Hi Thomas,

In response to your query, please be informed that Windows 10 is in the list of supported operating system for Modern Reader. Also, the swipe from the right option is for Windows 8 and 8.1 therefore, that step will not open the settings. However, most
    apps have their own settings, therefore, I suggest you to look for a gear icon in the app and check if you are able to find the option you are looking for.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 20, 2019
  3. philc43 Win User
    Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Mar 20, 2019
  4. angus Win User

Can't open settings or any apps or settings

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

Can't open settings or any apps or settings

1. Can't open settings or any apps or settings - Similar Threads - Can't open settings

2. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been more than a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. Please help me, Thank you everyone. I have tried restarting the machine. Reset the Settings app via Windows PowerShell with the command:...
  3. I can't open the settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open the settings app: Hello everyone, it's been more than a month. I couldn't open settings on my laptop and windows didn't show any error at that time. Please help me, Thank you everyone. I have tried restarting the machine. Reset the Settings app via Windows PowerShell with the command:...
  4. Can't open Windows Settings app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open Windows Settings app: I can't open Windows settings app in any way. I have bought a brand new laptop two days ago, and today it installed an update for Windows. After taht windows settings app is not openable in any way. I've tried opening it from .cmd and it also does not work. I have also tried...
  5. Can't open Windows Settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open Windows Settings app: I can't open Windows settings app in any way. I have bought a brand new laptop two days ago, and today it installed an update for Windows. After taht windows settings app is not openable in any way. I've tried opening it from .cmd and it also does not work. I have also tried...
  6. Can't open Windows Settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Barely any apps opening, including settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Barely any apps opening, including settings: I've been having an issue with my computer. I first noticed it when I went to change the volume, and soon realized almost none of the taskbar is working. The settings app won't open, except for when I right click the sound button and go to sound settings, in which case if I...
  8. Settings app error: This app can't open

Settings app error: This app can't open: I can no longer open my Settings app on my Win10 Acer laptop. The error I get is "This app can't open" and says to try a refresh to resolve it. I did a refresh and still am getting this error. Is there a fix for this issue or do I have to do a full wipe of my laptop and...
  9. I can't open any Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't open any Settings: I installed an update today through the settings. After the required restart, I tried opening the settings app as I normally do to check on all my devices' settings. But it would open and immediately close without warning or error code. I tried opening it through the Command...
  10. Can not open settings or any application in settings

Can not open settings or any application in settings: Recently ran an update. Everything else works fine. Can not open anything inside the settings app. Restarted with no luck. Not sure what to do next....