Windows 10: can't open shortcuts to settings that are present anywhere on the desktop

Discus and support can't open shortcuts to settings that are present anywhere on the desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I cannot open my windows 10 settings from shortcuts such as display settings, personalize, open sound settings, etc.. It is really annoying having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PLAN3TM3, Jul 12, 2020.

1. can't open shortcuts to settings that are present anywhere on the desktop

I cannot open my windows 10 settings from shortcuts such as display settings, personalize, open sound settings, etc..

It is really annoying having to go everytime to settings in order for me to make a minor adjustment in my audio or anything

would be amazing if someone has a fix for this

thankyou

submitted by /u/PLAN3TM3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PLAN3TM3, Jul 12, 2020

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 12, 2020
  3. New Apps not showing anywhere

Hi Simon,

I would suggest you add create a shortcut to these programs in the Desktop till we fix this issue. You can right click on the frequently used programs and select 'Send to Desktop' to create a shortcut for that program in Desktop. To troubleshoot this issue,
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jul 12, 2020
  4. can't open shortcuts to settings that are present anywhere on the desktop

Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

can't open shortcuts to settings that are present anywhere on the desktop

1. can't open shortcuts to settings that are present anywhere on the desktop - Similar Threads - can't open shortcuts

2. Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...: Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present on my desktop- I have a desktop folder which covers all the other folders + shortcuts, but the folders are not showing up on...
  3. Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop folder covers all present folders and shortcuts, but desktop folder inside user...: Hi all,I recently upgraded to windows 11 and there seems to be a problem with my desktop folder, a few remarks to get started:- shortcuts are present on my desktop- I have a desktop folder which covers all the other folders + shortcuts, but the folders are not showing up on...
  4. can't delete desktop shortcuts

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    can't delete desktop shortcuts: [ATTACH] everytime i try to delete something it says "item not found" and turning into a globe https://preview.redd.it/394w025d6yp61.png?width=84&format=png&auto=webp&s=c967e10948be142ae9ebbf7ae8b96ef61135c10b submitted by /u/xander1090 [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't open system settings shortcuts from start!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open system settings shortcuts from start!: Hello I can't open any settings from windows search, for example when I search and open mouse settings, I get an error that says "The app does not have an app associated with it...". Does anyone have any idea why it's not working? how can I reset these shortcuts? Please check...
  6. Can't open Windows Settings app via Start menu shortcuts or keyboard shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open Windows Settings app via Start menu shortcuts or keyboard shortcut: Hey all, I have an issue with my Surface Book running Windows 10, version 1809 (OS build 17763.475). The issue popped up after updating the laptop to the latest version of Windows. When I want to open the settings app, I generally do so by clicking on the Start Menu and...
  7. all desktop shortcut open trashcan

in Windows 10 Support
    all desktop shortcut open trashcan: Hi, I have recently bought and installed windows 10 in Lenovo computer since 2 weeks. On last Saturday, I figured when I just start up the windows 10 and double-clicked any shortcuts on desktop, it will open up the trashcan instead of the normal application and I cannot...
  8. Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows: How to: Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows How to Add Presentation Settings to Desktop Context Menu in Windows When giving a presentation, you may want to turn on presentation mode. While presentation mode is turned on, your computer stays...
  9. Can't move shortcuts on desktop...

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't move shortcuts on desktop...: After I install an application and it creates a shortcut on the desktop, I can't move the shortcut to another position. When I try to move it, I get a small slashed circle. What's up with that? 18020
  10. Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open a Commabnd Prompt from anywhere: When I try to open a COmmand Prompt via shortcut on task=bar cmd.exe from Run Command Prompt from Start menu I get this: [img] 10950