Windows 10: Cant open some apps

Discus and support Cant open some apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am having a msvcp140.dll not found and a vcruntime140.dll not found prompt when i try to open some apps on my pc... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by shawnromans, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Cant open some apps

i am having a msvcp140.dll not found and a vcruntime140.dll not found prompt when i try to open some apps on my pc

:)

shawnromans, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cant open some apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Can I customize the list of suggest apps in the "Open with" menu?

You can't use it to add additional programs, only to set default programs.

Interestingly for me it shows nothing for text files:

Cant open some apps [​IMG]

Then if I want to add a portable app like Jarte Plus to open with context menu windows doesn't like it.

It's not present and is near impossible to add even via "look for an app on this PC"

OpenWithAdd to the rescue:

Result:

Callender, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Cant open some apps

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

Cant open some apps

1. Cant open some apps - Similar Threads - Cant open apps

2. cant install some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant install some apps: Hi, I've been dealing with an error on my screen when downloading some apps such as Whatsapp or Tiktok, for example. The error code I got is 0x80073D05 and tried to find information on the web, went through a troubleshooting but nothing worked....
  3. cant install some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant install some apps: Hi, I've been dealing with an error on my screen when downloading some apps such as Whatsapp or Tiktok, for example. The error code I got is 0x80073D05 and tried to find information on the web, went through a troubleshooting but nothing worked....
  4. i cant open some application

in Windows 10 Customization
    i cant open some application: when i tryied to open application, it start but it laged and then the application closed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-open-some-application/c70a1d9e-c196-493f-a796-75b421078b03
  5. Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this.: It says that Windows Firewall is using settings that may make my system unsafe, but if I press restore settings, nothing happens and it doesnt get fixed, ive tried this on the control panel and it says, Use recommended settings, but after that it says 0x800070422 ERROR...
  6. cant open apps.

in Cortana
    cant open apps.: cant open apps see administrator https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-apps/daca9c56-e2d9-4953-92e6-114d9a171375"
  7. I cant open Some Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cant open Some Applications: Hello , when i try to open an app , i get this error message How to Fix it Please See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.Exception: Error calling...
  8. This app cant open

in Browsers and Email
    This app cant open: I usually use Firefox but I have just recently done a clean install and have decided to to give edge a try. But something is happening that I don't understand. I'm not on my windows pro computer at the moment so I cant give you the exact error message or when it happens. From...
  9. Cant open some .exe files

Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284
  10. some apps will not open

some apps will not open: Action Center..Microsoft Edge will not open..Also when I try to sync I get this message 15402