Windows 10: Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See...

Discus and support Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, today i've noticed that i don't have permission to open some files on my onedrive folder. When i try to open them i notepad it says: "You don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jakubie, May 14, 2019.

1. Jakubie Win User

Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See...

Hello, today i've noticed that i don't have permission to open some files on my onedrive folder.

When i try to open them i notepad it says: "You don't have permission to open this file. See the owner of this file or an administrator to obtain permission".

When i make copy of these blocked files it asks me for admin permissions. I can open copied file but not original one.

It seems to be random which files i can open and which not. I cant see any pattern here.

I got windows installed on ssd and onedrive folder is set up on hdd. I've changed sdd few weeks ago and installed windows on it. Then i set onedrive files location to old hdd location. Files were already there when i set onedrive location after installing windows.

Also onedrive app is processing about 1,200 flies for weeks and seems stuck. I think that its stuck on these blocked files.

I tried to set full control on the onedrive folder but it didn't help (or i didn't made this right way?) . I can only change it one file at time. Then it works.

Is there any way to reclaim access to all files inside onedrive folder?

Thanks

:)

Jakubie, May 14, 2019

2. cannot open files on network shared drive

we use kitchen design software, and store all the drawings on a separate computer (sort of like a server, as it also hosts our quickbooks company files). I have enabled all available permission settings, and i still have an issue. the program saves the drawings as *.kit files, which can be opened by double clicking them. the only way to open the file is to drag and drop it to the desktop, and then it opens. is there any way to set something up where i can double click the file in the shared folder to open the drawing? when i double click the file on the shared folder, the design program opens up but it does not load the drawing. so would this be an issue with the program, or the shared folder?

karolpl2004, May 14, 2019
  3. Ketxxx Win User
    opening .dds files with gimp

Simply, HOW? I got the DDS plugin but the POS wont open DDS files still. Can someone give me a step-by-step rundown of how to install the DDS plugin for gimp so I know if I'm missing something?

Ketxxx, May 14, 2019
  4. Helen.D. Win User

Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See...

Can´t open files

Can´t open file. Error code: -2147023143.

When trying to open file (mp3, avi, jpg, pdf, doc) via Total Commander, there is Error:

There are no more endpoints available from the endpoint mapper. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706D9).

The only way how I can see photos captured by my phone is through app Photos. I cannot see new photos via application Photos, until I power off and switch on my phone.

When I try to open file via app Files:

Can´t complete Can´t open file abcxyz.mp3. Error code: -2147023143. You can mention this code when providing feedback.

The only possibility how I can open mp3 on my phone is through app Music+videos, which is not practical at all, because it does not allow showing mp3 in files. Instead it divides them into artists, albums, songs, genres, playlists.

It is not possible to open attachments in e-mail:

Can´t open attachement. Ooops! We´re not sure what´s wrong, but we can´t open this file.

When I want to backup my stuff to the cloud, so that I could reset the phone afterwards:

There was a problem backing up your settings. Try again later.

Microsoft Lumia 535 Dual SIM

Helen.D., May 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Can't open some files in Onedrive folder (You don't have permission to open this file. See... - Similar Threads - Can't open files

2. you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator: This is in a usb drive, I saved 3 notepads into the usb before factory resetting my pc and now I cant open them, all the tutorials say do the security thing but it dosent work on my usb drive only my actual disk...
  3. you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator: This is in a usb drive, I saved 3 notepads into the usb before factory resetting my pc and now I cant open them, all the tutorials say do the security thing but it dosent work on my usb drive only my actual disk...
  4. you do not have permission to open this file. see the owner of the file or an administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. you don't have permission to open this file

you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  6. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    you don't have permission to open this file: I am the only person using all my devices, including my PC Win10 64 bit, camera, SD card etc. I took some MOV files on a camera SD card, then tried to open them this morning from the SC card on the PC. The PC successfully played the MOV files with Media Player, but I want to...
  7. you don't have permission to open this file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    It appears that you don't have permission to open this file. Check the Permission and try...: Recently My Hard drive attacked by some unknown virus/malware, i am not sure. But I used windows reset option to get rid of all unresponsive things started happening to Windows, but after reset it started acting weird, Some .JPG files shows this title error. What should i do?...
  9. don't have permission to open folder

don't have permission to open folder: I am logged in as administrator. How can o gain access tio this folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dont-have-permission-to-open-folder/16f52966-519c-48b9-a5fa-bb4418afaf31"
  10. "You do not have permission to open this file."

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "You do not have permission to open this file.": How can i fix this error? I have admin, i tried takeown /f, and it still won't let me open it submitted by /u/Jakepuff6523 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ec1djk/you_do_not_have_permission_to_open_this_file/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant open files on onedrive

2. cant open files in onedrive

3. cant open files from drive from other windows you dont have permission

4. cant open file from onedrive,
  5. cant open files in one drive that do not have shared symbol,
  6. copied file wont open in onedrive,
  7. why cant i open some of my onedrive files,
  8. why cant i open some files in onedrive,
  9. OneDrive will not open pdf files,
  10. some onedrive backedup files dont open,
  11. can not open some files on one drive,