Windows 10: Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk

Discus and support Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use the BitLocker to protect my laptop. But there is something wrong when I use my USB hard disk. 1. Some folders of my USB hard disk can be opened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Yunshushen, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk

I use the BitLocker to protect my laptop. But there is something wrong when I use my USB hard disk.

1. Some folders of my USB hard disk can be opened with my password such as : D>backup

2.Some folder can not be opened, when I double click the D>works folder, there is a pop-up windows shows that “You don't currently have permission to access this folder”

3.If I choose continue, pop-up windows need my user name and password, but my username and password of the Windows doesn't work.

So how to get rid of this problem?

Thank you!

Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk 9be4f046-0cfe-4224-aada-16794c94a3d8?upload=true.png

:)

Yunshushen, Jun 10, 2019

2. USB Hard Disk Drive not recognised

Hi Nicholson,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to check if the disk is listed in Disk management utility. If it is listed, run an error check to see if there are any corrupted files causing this issue.
    Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Disk management.

• Right click on the drive and select properties.

• Under tools tab, click on “Check” button under Error Check.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall USB drivers

Follow the steps to uninstall the USB drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

• Right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 10, 2019
  3. open USB

Hello,

When using a USB flash drive, no additional cables or adapters are required. To answer your query, you may refer to the steps below on how to open a USB flash drive:

• Plug your USB flash drive into an available USB port on your computer.
    • The drive will appear as a removable disk and will bring up a window showing the memory stick is now seen as a drive on your computer.
      You will also get a menu or options to use the device.
    • Select Open folder to view files.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 10, 2019
  4. MoHazi Win User

Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk

external hard disk disconnected when starting to copy files or opening folder

Dears,

I have a relatively old external hard disk bought in 2006, It contains about 60 G of needed documents and files, when I blug it in the usb port the 3 disks partitions detected normally and I can see the list of folders and files inside, but as soon as I
    start copying any directory to my laptop running on windows 10, all the 3 disks disconnected and copy is stopped, the external hard disk disconnects also in case I start opening some directories and files.

I have tried all the usb ports in the laptop but the same issue (two 2.0 and one 1.0 ports)

I hope someone can help to solve this issue and to be able to get my files.

BR

HM

MoHazi, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk

1. Can't open some folders of my USB hard disk - Similar Threads - Can't open folders

2. can't open disks

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't open disks: I can't open disks , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-disks/fa9d01dd-f1ab-45c7-b86b-9ec46553ba97
  3. can't open disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't open disks: I can't open disks , https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-disks/fa9d01dd-f1ab-45c7-b86b-9ec46553ba97
  4. can't open disks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. copying large folders from hard disk to external usb drive

in Windows 10 Support
    copying large folders from hard disk to external usb drive: when i am copying 2 large folders both more than 2GB in size from hard disk to usb external drive should i copy both of them at same time or one at a time???????? thnx in advance 176705
  6. Network Media Drives, Shared folders, Router USB Hard Disk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Media Drives, Shared folders, Router USB Hard Disk: I know this seems odd asking on the Windows 10 forum because I am using a Netgear c3700v2 usb hard disk. Besides the commodity I have a strong problem. It appears that while I have a folder set to media share with All read access and Admin write access I have to use...
  7. i can't eject my hard disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i can't eject my hard disk?: it keeps telling me that it is still in use even though i've closed all running programs. has happened constantly and every time i need to eject it i use the "diskpart" command. what could be the issue and is it okay if i continue doing this? submitted by...
  8. I can't partition my hard disk

I can't partition my hard disk: Hi everyone, I'm using a Dell XPS 15 9570 and I'm trying to partition my C: drive but I'm facing an issue with storage. Even though I have more than 90GB free, every time I try to partition the disk I'm given only 2GB to work with. I've cleared up temporary files and...
  9. Can't open some pdf files in a specific folder

Can't open some pdf files in a specific folder: I recently downloaded some pdf files from my university online library and I put it in a folder. I'm not able to open a couple of those. When I downloaded the same to the download folder then it opened. I tried downloading again into the specific folder I want it to be in, it...
  10. Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker

Hard Disk Can't Open REFS Bitlocker: Hello,My hard drive won't open Tips “The volume repair was not successful” and Unable to decrypt . click Turn off BitLocker Tips The device is not ready Please help me Thank you! [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...