Windows 10: Can't open some pdf files in a specific folder

Discus and support Can't open some pdf files in a specific folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently downloaded some pdf files from my university online library and I put it in a folder. I'm not able to open a couple of those. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ravi Teja Varma, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Can't open some pdf files in a specific folder

I recently downloaded some pdf files from my university online library and I put it in a folder. I'm not able to open a couple of those. When I downloaded the same to the download folder then it opened. I tried downloading again into the specific folder I want it to be in, it didn't open again. I tried copying the file from download folder to the specific folder but didn't work. I can't open it with either edge or chrome, it says the file isn't present or may have been moved. What should I do?

:)

Ravi Teja Varma, Sep 26, 2019

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 26, 2019
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Manku41 Win User

Can't open some pdf files in a specific folder

Unable to open PDF file directly from WINZIP file

Thanks for the help. I tried the suggested steps. It did not work for me. When clicked on pdf files, now it opens with acrobat reader as opposed to Edge. But then I still cannot open pdf files directly form zip file.

Manku41, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't open some pdf files in a specific folder

1. Can't open some pdf files in a specific folder - Similar Threads - Can't open pdf

2. Can't Open a Specific Folder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Open a Specific Folder on Windows 10: I'm trying to get all of my photos together, so I just restored 250+ GB of photos from a hard drive to my new computer. The restore took about an hour, and was "completed successfully." But when I try to open the folder where the photos should be, it just won't open. I have...
  3. Can't Open a Specific Folder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open a Specific Folder on Windows 10: I'm trying to get all of my photos together, so I just restored 250+ GB of photos from a hard drive to my new computer. The restore took about an hour, and was "completed successfully." But when I try to open the folder where the photos should be, it just won't open. I have...
  4. Can't Open a Specific Folder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  6. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  7. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. OneDrive folder with a PDF file that doesn't open

OneDrive folder with a PDF file that doesn't open: I opened my OneDrive folder though I never have actually used or set it up. Once I checked inside there were 2 empty folders as I assume there should and a PDF file with the title "Getting started with OneDrive." I have never used OneDrive so I clicked to open the pdf, but...
  9. Can't open PDF files

Can't open PDF files: After installing Win 10 updates today, I cannot open PDF files. When attempting to do so, I get the error message "Windows cannot find C:\users......pdf Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. I looked at the community - and see this is not new. But...
  10. Specific folder not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific folder not opening: This is similar to previous threads but a little different. I have a sub-folder titled "11 - 11 Trees". I can open it in Lightroom etc but it will not open in explorer. If I change the name to "11 - 11 stuff" it opens in explorer. Change it back to trees and it won't open....