Windows 10: Can’t open some popular sites in Edge & Chrome – Opera and Firefox seem okay.

Discus and support Can’t open some popular sites in Edge & Chrome – Opera and Firefox seem okay. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m stuck and am getting very frustrated, so hopefully someone can help me out with this. I simply can’t open popular social networks within Edge &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vbort44, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Vbort44 Win User

Can’t open some popular sites in Edge & Chrome – Opera and Firefox seem okay.

I’m stuck and am getting very frustrated, so hopefully someone can help me out with this. I simply can’t open popular social networks within Edge & Chrome. I did some online research and still can’t seem to fix this. I can open most other sites through chrome except for Facebook, Whatsapp for web, and Instagram. Now, I am having trouble opening some other, less popular sites, likesociallyinfused, which is my site. Most other sites work though. I tried reset chrome settings and released my DNS and even flushed it but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

:)

Vbort44, Feb 13, 2020

2. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome, Opera, Edge and IE all work normally. I can bring Firefox up with "Run as Administrator," but that won't
    work when I click on a link in an email. How do I fix this? (I have a vague memory that I dealt with it before, but I can't remember any of the steps.)

RogerBlair1, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Unable to access secure sites in either Edge or Chrome - Firefox is not affected

FOLLOW-UP...

1. What OS Build of Windows 10 Version 1703 is currently installed e.g.,
    OS Build 14393.970)?

• Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
      key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

2. Are you able to access all "secure sites" using Edge, Internet Explorer and Chrome now?

3. Is Firefox version 53.0.2 (or higher) and/or Google Chrome version 58.0.3029.110 (or higher) installed now?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Can’t open some popular sites in Edge & Chrome – Opera and Firefox seem okay.

Chrome is #1--Literally

The numbers are in for April 2016, and YES, Google Chrome has passed Internet Explorer as the world’s most popular browser!

Chrome has 41.66% to Explorer’s 41.35%.

At 9.76%, Firefox is #3.

Safari passed Edge and now holds 4.91%.

Opera, under new ownership, at 1.89%

I was surprised to see that Edge, which last month was the world’s fastest-growing browser, dropped below .5% and isn’t even listed. Another tracking site stated “Edge is used by less than 0.1% of all the websites whose traffic analysis tool we know.”

Vince Massi, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Can’t open some popular sites in Edge & Chrome – Opera and Firefox seem okay.

1. Can’t open some popular sites in Edge & Chrome – Opera and Firefox seem okay. - Similar Threads - Can’t open popular

2. Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix: I get "your connection is not private" error on most web browsers like opera, chrome, edge. Some websites are still accessible but others are not.In Google Chrome and Opera show as: "Your connection is not private"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from...
  3. Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your connection is not private opera chrome edge firefox fix: I get "your connection is not private" error on most web browsers like opera, chrome, edge. Some websites are still accessible but others are not.In Google Chrome and Opera show as: "Your connection is not private"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from...
  4. How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open Local Files on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge: Windows 10 is great when it comes to multitasking, it has floating windows, the taskbar, and many other features to increase your productivity. In this article, we present you with another trick to increase your productivity, that allows you to open your Local Files on your...
  5. How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera browser on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Good secure, updated Browsers are the key to remaining safe online when browsing the web. While most modern browsers are set to update automatically, today in this post, we will see how you can manually update Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and [...] This post How...
  6. Opera/Chrome/Firefox are really slow, dont access most of the site.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Opera/Chrome/Firefox are really slow, dont access most of the site.: Hi, i have Dell xps 8700 win 10 version 1809 After i update to 1809 my browser don't work they go really slow and most of the time cant access website Only Edge is working... which i use right now to post this problem. So far I tried everything I found on the internet...
  7. Can`t open Facebook & Instagram In Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Edge & IE - OK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can`t open Facebook & Instagram In Chrome, Opera, Firefox. Edge & IE - OK: I faced this problem couple of days back did research online and still no fix, i can open all sites through chrome except of facebook, instragram and whatsapp web. I tried reset chrome settings and dns release and flushing but still no luck. Any help would be appreciated!...
  8. Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Firefox "blocked by administrator; Edge, Chrome, Opera, IE not blocked: I run W10 (upgrade from 8.0) on a Lenovo G700 laptop. This morning, I reinstalled Firefox, but I get a "blocked by administrator" message. Chrome, Opera, Edge and IE all work normally. I can bring Firefox up with "Run as Administrator," but that won't work when I click on a...
  9. Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Some videos not opening In Chrome, Firefox, Opera, and Edge: This may not be a Windows 10 problem. I thought some of you might be able to help me get this problem solved. A few Youtube videos, some videos on contest sites I visit, and one on Woodsmith Shops. Most comments that I have gotten asking on another computer help site,...
  10. Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox API to Support Chrome, Opera: [img] Mozilla announced the plans on their blog: We are announcing some major upcoming changes to Firefox add-ons. Our add-on ecosystem has evolved through incremental, organic growth over the years, but there are some modernizations to Firefox that require some...