Windows 10: Can’t open sound options to switch audio output. Fixes when I restart but I want to find a...

Discus and support Can’t open sound options to switch audio output. Fixes when I restart but I want to find a... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Orfsports [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Orfsports, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Can’t open sound options to switch audio output. Fixes when I restart but I want to find a...

/u/Orfsports, Oct 29, 2019

2. No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Oct 29, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    VIA Audio driver FIX

Hi there

From the insider forum Cliff S (Thanks) referred to this Fix seems to work finally for me

....(from the site)

1. Open Playback Devices
    2. Right-click the output device (in my case, "Speakers") and set as Default Device.
    3. Select the device, and click on the Properties button
    4. Go to the Enhancements tab and check "Disable all enhancements"

Restart your apps for sound to work, but that was it.

I still suggest though that updates should be allowed to be optionally installed or not until fixes are available for problematic drivers.
    Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Can’t open sound options to switch audio output. Fixes when I restart but I want to find a...

no audio in Hdmi output

Hi Pankish,

It seems that the issue is due to incorrect audio settings. For help fixing audio or sound problems, try the audio troubleshooter.
    It might be able to fix audio problems automatically.

Additionally, we suggest that check your audio settings. Make sure that your HDMI TV is set as your default sound device. Here are the steps:

• Click Start and in the Search box, type
      Sound
    • From the search results, click the Sound option.
    • Under the Playback tab, click Speakers
    • Click Set Default at the bottom.
    • Click Apply and OK to save the settings.

Please post back with the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Melowin Mar, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Can’t open sound options to switch audio output. Fixes when I restart but I want to find a...

1. Can’t open sound options to switch audio output. Fixes when I restart but I want to find a... - Similar Threads - Can’t open sound

2. How Do I Fix My Audio Output Device or Internal Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Do I Fix My Audio Output Device or Internal Sound: So I go on my computer and notice that there is a big red X right beside the Audio/Volume icon in the taskbar. When I plug in my wired headphones, I can't hear anything that's playing sound off of it. So I troubleshoot it and it says there is no audio output device that is...
  3. How Do I Fix My Audio Output Device or Internal Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Do I Fix My Audio Output Device or Internal Sound: So I go on my computer and notice that there is a big red X right beside the Audio/Volume icon in the taskbar. When I plug in my wired headphones, I can't hear anything that's playing sound off of it. So I troubleshoot it and it says there is no audio output device that is...
  4. How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?: I have a pair of earbuds synced to my PC, however I can't figure out how to change my audio output to the earbuds. They do not show up as an option in the system tray, in sound settings, or manage audio devices. Every time I want to use them I have to remove them from my PC's...
  5. How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?

How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?: I have a pair of earbuds synced to my PC, however I can't figure out how to change my audio output to the earbuds. They do not show up as an option in the system tray, in sound settings, or manage audio devices. Every time I want to use them I have to remove them from my PC's...
  6. How do I switch to a bluetooth audio output?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. i want you to fix sound or audio problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want you to fix sound or audio problem: I have issue of sound or audio in my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-you-to-fix-sound-or-audio-problem/62e4dfe0-e010-4ee2-adfa-541d78971d27
  8. i want you to fix sound or audio problem

i want you to fix sound or audio problem: I have issue of sound or audio in my window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-you-to-fix-sound-or-audio-problem/62e4dfe0-e010-4ee2-adfa-541d78971d27
  9. Quick sound output switch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Quick sound output switch?: I frequently need to route my audio to my TV, and back again. Best solution? Is there a way to get the sound icon thing to show up on all desktops? submitted by /u/Almost-a-Killa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jpvaaw/quick_sound_output_switch/
  10. Switching between audio outputs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Switching between audio outputs: Hello, I have a bluetooth wireless headset that I use for making phone calls via RingCentral. I also have a pair of desktop speakers that I use for general audio. Is there a way to easily toggle back and forth between these two devices without having to disconnect the...