Windows 10: Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

Discus and support Can't open specific folder instead quick access open. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Office 22, Nov 9, 2021.

1. Office 22 Win User

Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?

:)

Office 22, Nov 9, 2021

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 9, 2021
  3. Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access"

Once you find Quick Access not working normally as it should, try to disable and then re-enable it.

Step 1. Launch File Explorer, click on View > Options > Change folder and search options. Now you opened Folder Options.
    Step 2. Uncheck the two options "Show recently used files in Quick Access" and "Show frequently used folders in Quick Access" under Privacy. Click "Clear" to clear File Explorer history. Click OK.

FreeBooter, Nov 9, 2021
  4. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

Quick Access Not Working

Hi Dustin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Follow the below steps to repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Method 1:

Before repairing the database, try to disable and then re-enable Quick Access to see if it helps. To disable and re-enable Quick Access, follow the below steps:

Step 1: To remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access, open File Explorer > click on View tab in Ribbon >
    click on Options > Change folder and search options to open Folder Options.

Step 2: You’ll have to uncheck the following two check-boxes present under the Privacy section to disable Quick Access:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 3: Click Apply and Exit. The action will instantly remove these two sections from Quick Access in File Explorer. (To clear your Quick Access history press the ‘Clear’ button against Clear File Explorer History).

Step 4: Then, check
    the following two check-boxes again to enable Quick Access that you did in
    Step2.

• Show recently used files in Quick Access.
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access.

Step 5: Restart the PC once and check the issue and if the issue persist, follow the
    Method 2.

Method 2:

The Method 2 will repair the broken database of Quick Access.

Step 1: Open File Explorer and paste this folder path: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations in the address bar and hit Enter.

Step 2: Once the folder is opened, press ‘Ctrl’ key and the ‘A’ from your keyboard to select all of its contents and delete it.

Step 3: Do the same for this folder path as well: %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\CustomDestinations

Step 4: Restart the PC once and check the issue.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq Ali Khan

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Shafeeq_Khan, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

1. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open. - Similar Threads - Can't open specific

2. Windows 11 won't open folders it opens quick access instead of the actual folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 won't open folders it opens quick access instead of the actual folder: I updated from Windows 10 and I cannot open a folder by double clicking it, it always launches a new window of quick access or This PC if I set explorers default to This PC.How can I fix this so it opens the folder like normal....
  3. Windows 11 won't open folders it opens quick access instead of the actual folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 won't open folders it opens quick access instead of the actual folder: I updated from Windows 10 and I cannot open a folder by double clicking it, it always launches a new window of quick access or This PC if I set explorers default to This PC.How can I fix this so it opens the folder like normal....
  4. Can't Open a Specific Folder on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Open a Specific Folder on Windows 10: I'm trying to get all of my photos together, so I just restored 250+ GB of photos from a hard drive to my new computer. The restore took about an hour, and was "completed successfully." But when I try to open the folder where the photos should be, it just won't open. I have...
  5. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  6. Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open specific folder instead quick access open.: Whenever I tried to open drive c or drive d or folder in the specific drive, it is not open and only the quick access folder is open. How can I fix this problem?...
  7. Why won't my quick access folders open *IN* quick access? Instead they switch immediately...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why won't my quick access folders open *IN* quick access? Instead they switch immediately...: I often open many quick access folders, repeatedly switching back and forth between them. I believe that's the point isn't it? Well at the moment I can't because on my reinstalled Win10 box, whenever I open a quick access folder, it switches to view the folder in its original...
  8. Download folder not opening in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Download folder not opening in Quick Access: Hello guys, My pc was working just fine until today, when I tried to open the Download folder from Quick Access. The whole File Explorer froze, and it wouldn't let me do anything. I eventually killed it with Task Manager, and tried to reopen it, but it didn't work too. I...
  9. Specific folder not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Specific folder not opening: This is similar to previous threads but a little different. I have a sub-folder titled "11 - 11 Trees". I can open it in Lightroom etc but it will not open in explorer. If I change the name to "11 - 11 stuff" it opens in explorer. Change it back to trees and it won't open....
  10. Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access"

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer opening to "This PC" instead of "Quick Access": I find it really annoying that I have to scroll up the left nav bar to quick access when I open a Explorer window. I went to View, Options and set "Open File Explorer to: Quick Access" but it still opens to This PC. Anyone know how to fix that? 102962