Windows 10: Cant open spotify

Discus and support Cant open spotify in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Somehow I can't open the spotify app from the windows store on my laptop? Reinstall doesn't work... submitted by /u/notoriousnutcracker [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/notoriousnutcracker, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Cant open spotify

Somehow I can't open the spotify app from the windows store on my laptop? Reinstall doesn't work...

submitted by /u/notoriousnutcracker
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/notoriousnutcracker, Apr 3, 2020

2. Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Cortana - Spotify problem

So when I tell Cortana to play a song on spotify she does successfully finds the songs but doesn't actually play it. She just brings up spotify without changing the song.

I found this fix:

• 1. Unlink Cortana (in her settings)
    • 2. Revoke Cortana app access (via accounts.spotify.com), and while you're logged on...
    • 3. Set up an App Password especially if you're using facebook to log in (this may not be neccessary, but I did so just to circumvent all potnetial issues).
    • 4. Uninstall Spotify

5. Install Spotify from the Windows Store (I believe the actual cause of the issue is that those of us with the problem probably installed from the Spotify Installer download, rather than
      the Windows Store).
    • 6. Launch and log in to the Spotify app with the app password you created in step three.

7. Link Cortana using the app password you created in step three.
    • 8. Restart your computer (my Cortana didn't think Spotify was installed until I did so).

9. Enjoy hands-free music browsing!

The problem with this tho is that it only works untill i shut down/restart the PC. After that I need to redo this all again in order for it to work and its really frustrating to do this everytime I open my computer.

DanLevitchi, Apr 3, 2020
  4. Cant open spotify

Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the store downloads page and spotify says "needs repairs".

So far i've tried:

- Repairing Spotify using the settings app

- Resetting Spotify using the settings app

- Uninstalling and reinstalling spotify with the settings app

- Deleting the spotify directory in /AppData/Roaming

- Doing all of these steps and then restarting

- Installing spotify off the website (which doesnt work because now windows store decides that its version is better)

I love using spotify and i desperately need a fix. Its getting really annoying. Any ideas?

charliehseymour, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

Cant open spotify

1. Cant open spotify - Similar Threads - Cant open spotify

2. Spotify opening up on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spotify opening up on start up.: Hi all,So recently, every time I start up my device from a shutdown Spotify automatically opens up. The window does not appear on the screen, it just stays minimised in the background. I have a few questions, firstly, does Spotify come pre-installed/is it one of the default...
  3. My Search Bar shows spotify weirdly and i cant open it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Search Bar shows spotify weirdly and i cant open it: [ATTACH] How can i fix this?? submitted by /u/rayanshchauhan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/it7wt9/my_search_bar_shows_spotify_weirdly_and_i_cant/
  4. Spotify

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Spotify: Help! I don't know what to do. When I'm listening to Spotify my pc locks. Every time when I'm not doing anything my copmuter goes to lock mode too. I tried everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/ce14f286-7160-4d15-850f-c971c57da7cc
  5. spotify

in Windows 10 Customization
    spotify: can I download music from spotify to media player / https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/0afe4bf1-f744-4eca-aeee-eb9f69af2174
  6. Spotify won't open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify won't open: Hi all, I currently have Spotify installed and recently I had a problem with it won't opening first hand when I clicked on it. After installing Spotify, the Microsoft Store would still open directly to the Spotify page although I already had it installed. Another problem is...
  7. Spotify

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Spotify: I can't download and install the spotify in my Surface Pro 6, Windows 10. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spotify/43128c7c-9c91-419f-82c2-2c29b8d2a9b7"
  8. spotify

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spotify: hi please like my playlists on Spotify my username is earmcoutlook.com.au https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spotify/c01bb096-d883-4f97-97cd-df5fd688f34e
  9. Spotify fails to open

Spotify fails to open: Hello there, After the newest update (1803) I have a problem opening Spotify. This is the error message I get: [img] I checked the folder and my user does have full control over the entire folder but the program fails to open. Other programs from the Microsoft Store work...
  10. Spotify

Spotify: I uninstalled Spotify, and searched the registry and removed any Spotify entries that were found. I also used the Everything search program to look for Spotify and I deleted the items it found, which included prefetch items. However, every time I start my PC the messages...