Windows 10: Can't open the immediate window in ACCESS VBA

Discus and support Can't open the immediate window in ACCESS VBA in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I have been unable to open the immediate window or locals window or watch window when working in Access 365. I'm not sure if this happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gordon Jones Chmouse, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Can't open the immediate window in ACCESS VBA

Recently I have been unable to open the immediate window or locals window or watch window when working in Access 365. I'm not sure if this happened after the most recent Windows/Office365 updates, but it is very recent. Any help available?

Gordon

:)

Gordon Jones Chmouse, Apr 12, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 12, 2019
  3. VBA code

Ok, let's see if this helps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/visualstudio/v...

To enable or disable access to Visual Basic projects

Click the File tab.

Click Options.

Click Trust Center, and then click Trust Center Settings.

In the Trust Center, click Macro Settings.

Check or uncheck Trust access to the VBA project object model to enable or disable access to Visual Basic Projects.

Click OK.

See if you can open your code now.

- C

Charlie Klausen, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Can't open the immediate window in ACCESS VBA

Excel 2016 workbook with VBA shuts down immediately after opening it

I built an Excel workbook (CPD.xlsb for reference). It has extensive VBA programming, including code that executes when the file is opened (Private Sub Workbook_Open() etc.).

The workbook has been deployed to nearly 70 users who have been running it for 8 months. In that time, it has run on some combination of Windows 7 or 10, 32-bit or 64-bit, and Office 2013 / 2016 (a.k.a. 365 ProPlus). Nearly all of the users are now on Win10/Excel2016, and it works on all of the OS/Office combinations, in 7 countries, on 4 continents . . .

. . . except for one guy. (There's always one, right?)

He has Win10/Excel2016 like most of us. He can run other VBA-laden Excel workbooks that I have built without a problem. But, whenever he opens this CPD.xlsb file, Excel immediately shuts down. When we restart it, Excel wants to start in Safe Mode, which we do. And, after a normal shutdown/restart, Excel opens fine. But, the CPD.xlsb will cause Excel to close every time we try to open it.

There are no pop-ups or warnings or explanations of what happened. Excel just quits.

There isn't even time to Ctrl+Break to interrupt the code before Excel shuts down.

With almost 70 other users not having any problems, I can't imagine it's a programming issue.

• I compared his Excel settings (File / Options) to mine, and they
      match exactly.
    • I have given him a brand new copy of CPD.xlsb and put it in a
      different folder, and it crashes.
    • I did the Quick Fix on MS Office 365 Pro Plus, and it still crashes.
    • I did the Online Repair for MS Office 365 Pro Plus, and it still crashes.
    • I sent him a different workbook with a simple Workbook_Open() routine
      that pops up a MsgBox, and it works fine.

Help! What am I missing? What would make this one PC shut down Excel the moment the file is opened?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    Russell

Russell Richter, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Can't open the immediate window in ACCESS VBA

1. Can't open the immediate window in ACCESS VBA - Similar Threads - Can't open immediate

2. KB5032190 Crashes the VBA macro editor in Access 2007d

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5032190 Crashes the VBA macro editor in Access 2007d: After this update KB5032190 when trying to write something in the Microsoft Access 2007 macro editor VBA, the editor crashes.Uninstalling KB50302190 resolves the issue....
  3. win 11 office 2016 ACCESS databank with VBA

win 11 office 2016 ACCESS databank with VBA: HI I am using Office 2016 with Access and VBA on win 10.I would like to know if my databank will still work with win 11 , as it is works with VBA win 10.I take it that the other componants like word excel aso will work with win 11 ?thank you for your answer.It was a big work...
  4. 123456 vba

in Windows 10 Gaming
    123456 vba: I follow this code, but data should be from excel, as input, help... Option ExplicitConst sSiteName = "https://www.encodedna.com/css-tutorials/form/contact-form.htm"Private Sub CommandButton1_Click Dim oIE As Object Dim oHDoc As HTMLDocument Set oIE =...
  5. 123456 vba

123456 vba: I follow this code, but data should be from excel, as input, help... Option ExplicitConst sSiteName = "https://www.encodedna.com/css-tutorials/form/contact-form.htm"Private Sub CommandButton1_Click Dim oIE As Object Dim oHDoc As HTMLDocument Set oIE =...
  6. 123456 vba

123456 vba: How to automate already Opened IE browser using excel Macros?Steps:Step 1: Open VBA editor on a new excel file and create a new module.Step 2: Copy below code in the vba module.Sub accessExistingIEBrowser On Error Resume Next boolWindowFound = False Set...
  7. 123456 vba

in Windows 10 Gaming
    123456 vba: CodeOption ExplicitConst sURL = "https://www.a.com/css-tutorials/form/contact-form.htm"' Now, run the macro by clicking the hyper links.Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlinkByVal Target As Hyperlink fillWebForm Target.Range.row End SubPrivate Sub fillWebFormiRow As Integer '...
  8. Using Access VBA to read JSON data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Access VBA to read JSON data: Hi,I'm using the following VBA subroutine to read JSON data from a website:Sub DistanceRetrieve Dim url As String, attempts As Integer, strResponse As String, strLatitude As String Dim WinHttpReq As Object, Json As Object url =...
  9. Using Access VBA to read JSON data

Using Access VBA to read JSON data: Hi,I'm using the following VBA subroutine to read JSON data from a website:Sub DistanceRetrieve Dim url As String, attempts As Integer, strResponse As String, strLatitude As String Dim WinHttpReq As Object, Json As Object url =...
  10. Microsoft Access VBA assistance for Here API

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Access VBA assistance for Here API: For years I used google maps to calculate travel time and distance for sales routes. Using MS Access database table for locations and a little form that a user could select addresses and number a route sequence. However, this data is not freely accessible anymore. I used to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to show locals window in debugging mode of vba

2. imediate window wont open vba

3. excel vba immediate window will not open

4. vba immediate window wont open,
  5. cant see the immediate window vba,
  6. can not see immediate window in vba,
  7. access open immediate window,
  8. Unable to access immediate window in excel vba,
  9. access 2010 immediate window open,
  10. cant open immediate window in vba,
  11. can not get immediate window up in excel vba,