Windows 10: Can't open the Photo app

Discus and support Can't open the Photo app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I try to open an image using the Photo app, an error message that reads, "file system error (-2147219196)" shows up. I've tried reinstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/irzathepegasus, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Can't open the Photo app

Every time I try to open an image using the Photo app, an error message that reads, "file system error (-2147219196)" shows up. I've tried reinstalling the photo apps, but it didn't work. I've also had the same problem with the Movies&TV app. Can somebody tell me what's wrong?

submitted by /u/irzathepegasus
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/irzathepegasus, Aug 5, 2020

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Photos app 'This app can't open'

Thank you for your advice. I get no error message when I click on 'get app'.

Have followed the steps suggested to try to download the app in clean boot state but unfortunately this has not changed anything, still can't get photos app.

LindaArmstrongZJ, Aug 5, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

Can't open the Photo app

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't open the Photo app :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't open the Photo app

1. Can't open the Photo app - Similar Threads - Can't open Photo

2. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  3. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app will not open: microsoft photo app will not open, it seem to take a long time for the a;; the pps to open i saw a post to install fall creator update so I did and it opened one time need help...
  4. Photo app will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Photo microsoft app not openning photos

Photo microsoft app not openning photos: Photo app does not open any photos, but if I select modify/edit the image, then I am able to open it. What could be the solution here.thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-microsoft-app-not-openning-photos/57eeae5d-c54b-452c-8f46-1a232234d956
  6. I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't view photos without opening the Microsoft photos app.: Help. I want to know what the photo is without opening the Microsoft photos app and searching for it in all of my photos. submitted by /u/SWAGNEMITE_1309 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j63px3/i_cant_view_photos_without_opening_the_microsoft/
  7. Can't Open Photos

Can't Open Photos: I Can't open photos, I get the following error "The app didn't start" don't know what to do, can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos/a3184dc1-9e42-4afd-b3cb-763be666ced2
  8. Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open"

Microsoft Photos fails with message "This App Can't Open": When trying to open Microsoft Photos, it fails to open and comes up with the message "This App Can't Open". I have tried the Windows Store troubleshooting option and have deleted and re-installed Photos with no change. Help!...
  9. Photo App not opening...

Photo App not opening...: I have Windows 10 Pro and I just reseted my pc and now I can't open my photos with the Photo App, I click open and nothing happens... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photo-app-not-opening/98776947-a3b1-41e2-9642-2f88926ccdb2
  10. Can't open photo's

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open photo's: when I try and open a photo it says "you can not open this without admin" or something like that I am admin though please help I also have no other accounts 49899