Windows 10: Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this.

Discus and support Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It says that Windows Firewall is using settings that may make my system unsafe, but if I press restore settings, nothing happens and it doesnt get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DiegoValdez4, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this.

It says that Windows Firewall is using settings that may make my system unsafe, but if I press restore settings, nothing happens and it doesnt get fixed, ive tried this on the control panel and it says, Use recommended settings, but after that it says

0x800070422
    ERROR Code.

And along with that it says that Windows Defender Firewall can't change some of my settings. I tried resetting to default but it shows the same message. I need help because I cannot open some apps that are important.

:)

DiegoValdez4, Nov 5, 2020

2. Windows Firewall advanced settings not opening

When I press the "Advanced settings" button on windows firewall a message pops up that says "How do you want to open this .msc file?" I tried opening services.msc to see if it was a firewall problem but that did the same thing. When the message pops up
    I found "Launch Windows app" in the list of apps to open it with and when I click that it says "Class not registered" I looked up how to fix it and I couldn't find a solution. any suggestions?

ckavalchek, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 5, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this.

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this.

1. Cant open the recommended settings for firewall/ Cannot open some apps because of this. - Similar Threads - Cant open recommended

2. Firewall recommended settings not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall recommended settings not working: when I open windows defender firewall it says I need to update my firewall settings when I click on use recommended settings it shows loading on my mouse then it doesn’t do anything I cant update apps search on safari and I cant reset my pc how do i fix this...
  3. cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  4. Cannot open settings app

Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  5. Cannot open settings app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot open settings app: Every time I attempt to open the settings app on my PC, I receive an error saying "There’s a problem with Settings. Refreshing your PC might help fix it." I feel like have exhausted every option at this point, please help...
  6. Cant open some apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant open some apps: i am having a msvcp140.dll not found and a vcruntime140.dll not found prompt when i try to open some apps on my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-some-apps/c0c35509-2387-4dae-90d4-5994038b9b04
  7. Firewall recommended settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall recommended settings: Hello community, I would like to have secured system. I am using Malwarebytes free alongside MS defender. Are there other tips to manage on my system to be more safe? Also whats best settings of Firewall's? What have to be there ruled and managed? I am quite far away...
  8. windows firewall cant be started or opened

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows firewall cant be started or opened: [ATTACH] I have tried different methods from online tutorials, none have worked is re-installing windows 10 my only option? restoring defualts also doesnt work. manually starting the process also doesnt work....
  9. Cannot restore firewall settings to recommended setting

Cannot restore firewall settings to recommended setting: I cannot connect to the internet on my windows 10 PC says firewall setting unable to set to recommended setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-restore-firewall-settings-to-recommended/56c847a6-f5fd-4cae-90d3-da60f9c3d379
  10. settings app cant be opened

settings app cant be opened: The settings app cannot be opened https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/settings-app-cant-be-opened/2cc26a06-a431-4d86-a964-8730678a6cd7