Windows 10: Can´t open the "sounds" + my microphone is not working

Discus and support Can´t open the "sounds" + my microphone is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Hi its getting me angry every time. I cant open the sounds menu when I try to fix my microphone :( help please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicolas Pánik, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Can´t open the "sounds" + my microphone is not working

Can´t open the "sounds" + my microphone is not working 33ef65b9-12df-4c45-8f64-edccd10532d9?upload=true.png Hi its getting me angry every time. I cant open the sounds menu when I try to fix my microphone Can´t open the "sounds" + my microphone is not working :( help please

:)

Nicolas Pánik, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Can´t open the "sounds" + my microphone is not working

My headset's built in microphone's not working

Hello Mikkel,

We just want to confirm, are you referring to feedback loop? If yes, note that you may hear feedback from your PC speakers if
    one or more of the the following conditions are true:

• You increase the Microphone Boost option.
    • The speakers are too close to the microphone.
    • The speaker volume is turned up so as the microphone hears the speakers.
    • You have a very sensitive microphone.

You may be able to reduce or eliminate the feedback you are hearing by trying the following steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Open the Hardware and Sound setting.
    • Open the Sound setting.
    • Select the Recording tab and double-click your microphone you have selected as the default recording device.
    • Click on the Level tab and reduce the Microphone Boost setting. Note: This setting may not be available for some microphones.

You may also be able to reduce the feedback loop by selecting the Enhancement tab in the microphone's properties page and enabling one of the following options:

• Enable Noise Suppression
    • Enable Acoustic Echo Cancellation

Note: These settings are audio hardware and software specific and may not be available for all microphones.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Can´t open the "sounds" + my microphone is not working

1. Can´t open the "sounds" + my microphone is not working - Similar Threads - Can´t open sounds

2. Can´t open Microsoft Store or any other Microsoft apps, can't search, can´t open the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can´t open Microsoft Store or any other Microsoft apps, can't search, can´t open the...: I accidentally pushed my headphone cable, causing the screen to lose connection and the PC fans started to get louder, so I turned it off and on manually. But then, after I rebooted, a blue screen happened twice. The third time the boot started repairing the C drive, but when...
  3. Microphone of bluetoth headphone isn`t working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone of bluetoth headphone isn`t working properly: When connected via bluetooth over ear headphones it works fine as an output device, but if I do something that uses the microphone the headset gets disconnected after a while 1-2 minutes. If I try to connect the headphones via 3.5 mm jack the microphone doesn't even get...
  4. Sound and Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound and Microphone not working: So a while ago my ThinkPad E480 laptop stopped giving output to my speakers and the audio jack, and it was annoying but I usually use my Bluetooth headset so I was fine. Then my headset died and it didn't work tried a few things, nothing, restarted my computer the sound...
  5. The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.

The microphone is not working. But I can hear the sound.: So after I recently rebooted my computer, my microphone is now not working. The microphone works on the other 2 computers and on my phone. I have searched the internet and made all the ideas to try to solve this problem to no avail. Please help.Thanks in advance....
  6. My headphones microphone doesn´t work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My headphones microphone doesn´t work: I recently updated my Asus laptop to windows 10 and noticed that my microphone doesn´t work anymore. Before it was working well and after the update it started using my laptops own mic and in settings i cant change input to anything...
  7. Sound is distorting and microphone is not working

Sound is distorting and microphone is not working: So I had this issue 2 hours ago, I was playing a game but I can't hear any sounds, so I did everything that normally would fix my issue reconnect my headphones, restarting my computer but it didn't work now, I tried reinstalling my sound driver, but it didn't work, when I try...
  8. Can''t open x box

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can''t open x box: This error code Microsoft Mahjong is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-x-box/8ec38c89-655f-4d23-96d4-528ad06c279e
  9. Can`t install DTS sound unbound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can`t install DTS sound unbound: Hi. I would like to install DTS Sound Unbound from Store, but I can`t( The system tells me that I need a new version of Windows - 18898. But I have 18362. I have installed all updating, but I still have 18362 version. Could you, please, help me? [ATTACH]...
  10. This App can´t open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This App can´t open: Hi, Sorry for my poor english. Whit the UAC disabled (Registry> EnableLUA=0) I get the error message "The app can´t open", "...with the Built-in Administrator account. Try with another account". I get this message when I try to open any Windows App (Calender, Fotos,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix mic isue in xbox console companion

2. cant find microphone on sounds menu