Windows 10: Cant open themes settings under personalization

Discus and support Cant open themes settings under personalization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday i installed a new theme under Win 10, but now im not able to popen the themes settings anylonger ! When i click the themes button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _John_________Doe_, May 16, 2020.

1. Cant open themes settings under personalization

Hello,

yesterday i installed a new theme under Win 10, but now im not able to popen the themes settings anylonger !

When i click the themes button under the personalization settings for a short times a loading mouse pointer appers and then the settins app is being closed. Moreover i cant change the taskbar color because this option is gry out. does anone have an idea what going on? I already deleted the themes file out of the theme folder in %localappdata%

thanks in adance

:)

_John_________Doe_, May 16, 2020

2. Corrupted Personalization Settings and themes

Hi Nkhondo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you check if the settings are disable in the registries of the PC.

• Press
      Windows+R
      and type gpedit.msc in the run command.

• In the window that appears, you can see the "Local Group Policy Editor" Window.

• In this step I want to Prevent Changing Theme file. You click on User Configuration sub-category Administrative Template sub-category Control Panel sub-category Personalization and click on the "Prevent
      Changing Theme
      ".
    User Configuration<< Administrative Template<< Control Panel<< Personalization

• In this step right-click on the "Prevent Changing Theme"and select the
      edit tab and click on the edit tab.

• In this step, if you click on the
      Enabled Button then you cannot change the Theme. You click on the Disable Button then you can change the Theme. You click on The Enable Button for Disabling the changing Theme or Prevent Changing Theme.

• In this step right-click on your Desktop and select the Personalize tab. In this tab you are unable to change the theme after disabling the changing of the theme or Prevent
      Changing Theme.
    Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Anil Madishetty, May 16, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    How do you rename a "Theme" - under settings/personalization ?

Hi David,

A theme is a combination of desktop background pictures, window colors, and sounds. Which version of Windows 10 are you using? Is it the Anniversary Update or the Creators Update?

If you’re using Windows 10 version 1607, you can follow the steps below to create a backup of your Theme with your preferred name:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization, then click Themes.
    • Under Themes, click Theme settings.
    • A new window will pop up.
    • Choose the Theme you want to copy and click Save theme.
    • Enter your preferred theme name.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, May 16, 2020
  4. Cant open themes settings under personalization

Theme settings

Hi Peter,

In Creators Update, you can now customize Windows Themes using the Settings app and get new ones from the Windows Store. Additionally, it also includes an option to set a custom accent color, instead of having to choose from a limited list of predefined
    colors. To further rectify your concern, follow these steps to get into your Themes settings:

• Press Windows key + I.
    • Click Personalization.
    • You will find Themes located at the left side of Personalization options.

If you're having difficulties accessing your Themes settings, kindly specify more details about it. You may also send us screenshots.

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Cant open themes settings under personalization

1. Cant open themes settings under personalization - Similar Threads - Cant open themes

2. cant open display settings or personalization option

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant open display settings or personalization option: HI Its new windows 10 home laptop this problem occuring only in administrator account working fine in other user accounts i have done system restore and sfc scan too but no luck so far pls see attached picture thank you [IMG]...
  3. Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes

Deleting a custom theme in personalization/themes: I can't find a way to delete a custom theme. I replace the background with a picture and 10 min. later the theme photos return. Even when I choose another theme it only lasts 10 minutes before reverting back. HDI delete this persistent theme?...
  4. Personalize the theme

Personalize the theme: Previous version of the windows 10 has a option to modify the background image of a theme. So I can easily get a mark on the image which I want on my background but in this version of windows I can't find it. Can anyone help me with that?...
  5. Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization

Themes downloaded from Store unavailable under Personalization: Hi. I usually install themes from Store. Recently occurred the problem with it: when I get apps(in this case any theme), in Store it is supposed to be installed and its(theme) status is owned. But when I go to the settings to apply this theme, I can't find in the list of the...
  6. Personalization(List of Themes)

Personalization(List of Themes): Hi. I usually install themes from Store. Recently occurred the problem with it: when I get apps(in this case any theme), in Store it is supposed to be installed and its(theme) status is owned. But when I go to the settings to apply this theme, I can't find in the list of the...
  7. i cant open personalization setting

i cant open personalization setting: some one help me I am using a win 10 pro it is activated but i cant open personalization setting neither from settings app nor from control panel some one help me...
  8. Personal Theme Names

Personal Theme Names: I created a personal theme, as in a photo of my doggie.....BUT, had pics of two different dogs... I named it then realized I put the wrong dog name on it. I want to edit it to be correct. How do I do that?...
  9. Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed

Theme settings not opening with UXstyle installed: I recently installed a new windows 10 update, after updating I reinstalled uxstyle and theme patcher, unfortunately when I go to settings > personalization > themes, settings crashes! Is there a solution or will I have to wait for an update? 86437
  10. Themes no longer easily found under personalize

Themes no longer easily found under personalize: I was trying to change my slide show of pictures as background theme. Now when I right click on the desktop , then click on personalize , I get a pop up that is different from what I had before. Now the theme selections are no longer displayed for easy selection . In its...