Windows 10: Can't open this application

Discus and support Can't open this application in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] im facing this problem since yesterday if i uninstall and reinstall this program it work fine but if i quit once it won't open again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mohamed Nazeek, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Can't open this application

Can't open this application 6d1343cb-2195-4324-8e8d-2be6784f5483?upload=true.png

im facing this problem since yesterday

if i uninstall and reinstall this program it work fine but if i quit once it won't open again and sowing this error so please give me a solution

:)

Mohamed Nazeek, Jul 5, 2020
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Jul 5, 2020
  3. tdehan Win User
    Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Can't open this application

Can't launch any applications

Hi,

This error message will show if the application or program that you are trying to open was been blocked by Windows Defender SmartScreen. Having said that, we suggest that you disable Windows Defender SmartScreen by following these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center.
    • Click on App & browser control.
    • Click on Off in the following options:
      • Check apps and files.
      • SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge.
      • SmartScreen for Windows Store apps.
    • SmartScreen is now completely disabled. If you'd like to still receive a warning when a potentially malicious file or program is detected, you can choose Warn in each SmartScreen option.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve the issue.

Janeane Cru, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't open this application

1. Can't open this application - Similar Threads - Can't open application

2. I can't open my application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't open my application: I installed windows 11. I downloaded a RAR file for an application. I installed the program but whenever I click on it nothing happens. This worked when I was on windows 10. Whenever I click on it, it shows me it's loading window then nothing. Is it the file? Is it my...
  3. I can't open my application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't open my application: I installed windows 11. I downloaded a RAR file for an application. I installed the program but whenever I click on it nothing happens. This worked when I was on windows 10. Whenever I click on it, it shows me it's loading window then nothing. Is it the file? Is it my...
  4. Opening applications

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Opening applications: Ive gone in settings and I found old applications I downloaded but I dont want to uninstall them without knowing what im uninstalling. I want to know if theres a way to find them easily submitted by /u/ABigSadJoke [link] [comments]...
  5. Can't open applications/web browsers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open applications/web browsers: When I try to open browsers the cursor just spins but never opens the browser, anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/Enforcer-Grizzly [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j090tv/cant_open_applicationsweb_browsers/
  6. This app can't open, there's a problem with this application

This app can't open, there's a problem with this application: Hi, Windows 10 said needed to do an update so when was finished using PC done the update, I then switched the PC off and when went back to it next day and now cant access anything like steam, firefox, logitech gaming software, any programs I have on the hard drive etc as...
  7. Why can't I open this application?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I open this application?: Hello, Recently I have been trying to extract files from an application. I am accessing this file by searching for it in my search bar in the file explorer. Whenever I try to open/extract from the application, it says This file cannot be accessed by the system. Is there a...
  8. Applications Not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications Not Opening: Hello all! I'm not sure if this is specifically a Microsoft/Windows issue or if it is more of an issue with Google. Recently, Google Chrome hasn't been opening on my Surface Pro 3. The shortcut on my desktop displays an "X" on the bottom left corner, this also happens with...
  9. Application will not open

Application will not open: I am having issues with a payroll program that i have installed on a friends computer for them. This program works perfectly fine on one of their computers that is running windows 10. I then installed the same version of the program on the computer my friend wanted the...
  10. Application will not open

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application will not open: Hello, Recently Microsoft has added an update to the system software. With the new update, there are now applications that do not want to open. Before the update the applications worked fine, opened accordingly and now does not want to open when clicked on twice (Double...