Windows 10: Can't Open this image or photos

Discus and support Can't Open this image or photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Now I can't open photos or pictures anymore. This happened today. Strangely, this image can be opened yesterday. One way to open it is to use a third... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dwarvior_132, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Can't Open this image or photos

Now I can't open photos or pictures anymore. This happened today. Strangely, this image can be opened yesterday. One way to open it is to use a third party application to open it. I opened it and appeared "Windows can't find 'D: //filename.png' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. ' Can anyone help him?

Can't Open this image or photos d16d854d-4f73-42b6-a201-fd7663c21810?upload=true.png

:)

Dwarvior_132, Jul 21, 2020
  2. jk22 Win User

Can't open photos on image viewer

Hey guys,

I can't open photos on image viewer from yesterday.

Can't Open this image or photos [​IMG]

Regards.

3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Can't Open this image or photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Can't Open this image or photos

UNABLE TO OPEN IMAGES AND VIDEOS

Hi,

Have you tried performing the troubleshooting steps listed in the article given by
    Robert Caw? It was posted above.

As a workaround, you may try these steps:

• Right-click the photo or video.
    • You'll see a pop-up box, choose Open With.
    • Then choose Paint or Photos to open an image.

(There are also options to open videos when you click Open With.)

We look forward to your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't Open this image or photos

1. Can't Open this image or photos - Similar Threads - Can't Open image

2. Photos and images not opening on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos and images not opening on windows 11: Ever since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been having trouble opening image files .jpg, .jpeg, .png using the default "Photos" application.I get the following message: "The specified procedure could not be found"Weirdly enough, if I right click on the file and use "open...
  3. Photos and images not opening on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos and images not opening on windows 11: Ever since I have upgraded to windows 11 I have been having trouble opening image files .jpg, .jpeg, .png using the default "Photos" application.I get the following message: "The specified procedure could not be found"Weirdly enough, if I right click on the file and use "open...
  4. Can't open the Photo app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open the Photo app: Every time I try to open an image using the Photo app, an error message that reads, "file system error (-2147219196)" shows up. I've tried reinstalling the photo apps, but it didn't work. I've also had the same problem with the Movies&TV app. Can somebody tell me what's...
  5. Can't Open Photos

Can't Open Photos: I Can't open photos, I get the following error "The app didn't start" don't know what to do, can someone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-photos/a3184dc1-9e42-4afd-b3cb-763be666ced2
  6. Open WebP images on Photos app

Open WebP images on Photos app: Hi How to Open WebP images on Photos app ? its only showing in windows photo viewer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/open-webp-images-on-photos-app/e163fe16-5b83-44df-93fc-5f17c913aebe
  7. Can't Open "Untitled" Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Open "Untitled" Photos: Greetings, I have sent some "untitled" jpeg/jpg photos that I have taken to my daughter, but for some reason she cannot open the files in the Windows Photos app or Photoshop. She says that the extensions say "file." Can anyone please help me solve this mystery? Thanks!...
  8. Can't open individual photos

Can't open individual photos: I can open my Photos folder and the sub folders but when I try to open an individual photo a pop up says system file error or the media is write protected. Help?!...
  9. Can't open photos on image viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open photos on image viewer: Hey guys, I can't open photos on image viewer from yesterday. [img] Regards. 82902
  10. Can't open photo's

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't open photo's: when I try and open a photo it says "you can not open this without admin" or something like that I am admin though please help I also have no other accounts 49899