Windows 10: Cant open .txt files

Discus and support Cant open .txt files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I reset my computer and now i can't open .txt, does anyone know a fix for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lemon094, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Cant open .txt files

/u/lemon094, Jun 16, 2020
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jun 16, 2020
  3. Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Cant open .txt files

.txt will open open in Command Prompt

Only .txt files...

Aceman.au, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

Cant open .txt files

1. Cant open .txt files - Similar Threads - Cant open txt

2. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  3. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  4. Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also: So when I start my pc the first time I open any txt file it opens all the recent txt files I have opened like from the day before then after I close them all and try to open again any txt file it opens the txt file and the most recent txt file also. I noticed this bug after i...
  5. Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also

Every time i open a txt file it opens recent txt files also: So when I start my pc the first time I open any txt file it opens all the recent txt files I have opened like from the day before then after I close them all and try to open again any txt file it opens the txt file and the most recent txt file also. I noticed this bug after i...
  6. Cant open up .txt files or certain command files now.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open up .txt files or certain command files now.: Did a restore point to a few days back because a virus was found on my computer, now I cant open .txt files without a error saying "Cant find, make sure you have the name correct" and whenever I try to double click on certain files For example some command things, and also...
  7. Cant open up .txt files or certain command files now.

Cant open up .txt files or certain command files now.: Did a restore point to a few days back because a virus was found on my computer, now I cant open .txt files without a error saying "Cant find, make sure you have the name correct" and whenever I try to double click on certain files For example some command things, and also...
  8. My txt file cannot be opened

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My txt file cannot be opened: I saved txt file with utf-8 to my server, editing it with crossing both window and samsung android phone.But the text file cannot be opened, and its capacity becomes 245kb to 1kb [I assume that texts were gone]Is this related with stability of txt file [when using in multiple...
  9. Can't open .txt files with notepad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open .txt files with notepad?: I recently installed VScode and it changed .txt files to open with it, but I wanted notepad back. I tried to go into the open with menu, but I was not there, so I click the "choose another app on this computer" button and selected notepad C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe, but...
  10. Can't open .txt files with notepad?

Can't open .txt files with notepad?: I recently installed VScode and it changed .txt files to open with it, but I wanted notepad back. I tried to go into the open with menu, but I was not there, so I click the "choose another app on this computer" button and selected notepad C:\Windows\System32\Notepad.exe, but...